What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not Charging From The Mains......

HayzBCFC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad Air 2, since I've updated has decided to show up not charging, I tried 3 Apple wires, and nothing. Tried hard reset, nothing and even restored, nothing. I went around the house checking plugs and nothing. I am using the 10W plug that it came with. Even got myself a 12W plug to see if that would sort it and sadly nothing. It's driving me mad. Have I missed anything out, that I havent done? Help, please? thanks.

Brian 244

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Have you checked your lightning port for damage? You may also want to try DFU mode to restore your iPad ( Google DFU iPad for a step by step process.) If that doesn't work , your iPad should still be under warranty if it is an Air 2 , take it to an Apple Store or file a service claim asap.

OP
HayzBCFC

HayzBCFC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks will check that out tomorrow. Already had to have a replacement iPad, because of an issue with the one I originally got. Don't think they'll help me again though.

NSquirrel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just a thought: take care if you extend the charger to ipad cable. I did this with a usb cable only to find the voltage drop was too great and my air 2 would not charge.

OP
HayzBCFC

HayzBCFC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks both. I have ordered a new wire, as my iPhone wouldn't even recognise the one I use for both iPad and iPhone (which my dad lent me, as he has two anyway from when he got his iPad and iPod Touch.)

Just a thought: take care if you extend the charger to ipad cable. I did this with a usb cable only to find the voltage drop was too great and my air 2 would not charge.

I do have an extender, which worked with my iPad 3, iPhone 4 and iPhone 5. I never thought that the extender would be an issue. I'll have to check that out. Feels weird using my laptop, I am trying to save my iPad for when I really need to use it. Unfortunately, I won't be able to drop it off at my local Apple Genius Bar place, as I am going into hospital, and will be difficult for me to get in there at the moment.

NSquirrel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
>> as I am going into hospital, and will be difficult for me to get in there at the moment.
Good luck and a speedy recovery.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score

An ugly, but effective, workaround to a long charging cable is to use an AC extension cable (or surge protector), and plug the power supply into that; with a normal length charing cable going to the iPad.

OP
HayzBCFC

HayzBCFC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just to let you know it was the wire, thankfully, what must've happened I got the wires mixed up, as I have a pile of fake ones to give to my parrot, as he has a habit of wanting the official ones so I've been through a lot of wires. I am so glad it isn't a hardware problem. Thanks for the help and advise. :)

NSquirrel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Good to hear that it is resolved.

I think that the lightning connector could be quite fragile, hence I keep a spare, which can also be used for charging upstairs.

OP
HayzBCFC

HayzBCFC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear that it is resolved.

I think that the lightning connector could be quite fragile, hence I keep a spare, which can also be used for charging upstairs.

Will need to buy a spare one next time I'm in Cardiff, I need a excuse to pop into the store ;). It's one of my favourite stores to go in.

Most reactions

Latest posts