Not Charging From The Mains......

Discussion in 'iPad Air 2 Forum' started by HayzBCFC, Sep 27, 2015.

1. HayzBCFC

HayzBCFC
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    My iPad Air 2, since I've updated has decided to show up not charging, I tried 3 Apple wires, and nothing. Tried hard reset, nothing and even restored, nothing. I went around the house checking plugs and nothing. I am using the 10W plug that it came with. Even got myself a 12W plug to see if that would sort it and sadly nothing. It's driving me mad. Have I missed anything out, that I havent done? Help, please? thanks.

2. Brian 244

Brian 244
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Have you checked your lightning port for damage? You may also want to try DFU mode to restore your iPad ( Google DFU iPad for a step by step process.) If that doesn't work , your iPad should still be under warranty if it is an Air 2 , take it to an Apple Store or file a service claim asap.

3. HayzBCFC

HayzBCFC
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Thanks will check that out tomorrow. Already had to have a replacement iPad, because of an issue with the one I originally got. Don't think they'll help me again though.

4. Brian 244

Brian 244
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Let us know how you make out. I would be surprised if Apple doesn't help you out with this matter.

5. NSquirrel

NSquirrel
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Just a thought: take care if you extend the charger to ipad cable. I did this with a usb cable only to find the voltage drop was too great and my air 2 would not charge.

6. HayzBCFC

HayzBCFC
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Thanks both. I have ordered a new wire, as my iPhone wouldn't even recognise the one I use for both iPad and iPhone (which my dad lent me, as he has two anyway from when he got his iPad and iPod Touch.)

I do have an extender, which worked with my iPad 3, iPhone 4 and iPhone 5. I never thought that the extender would be an issue. I'll have to check that out. Feels weird using my laptop, I am trying to save my iPad for when I really need to use it. Unfortunately, I won't be able to drop it off at my local Apple Genius Bar place, as I am going into hospital, and will be difficult for me to get in there at the moment.

7. NSquirrel

NSquirrel
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    >> as I am going into hospital, and will be difficult for me to get in there at the moment.
    Good luck and a speedy recovery.

8. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    An ugly, but effective, workaround to a long charging cable is to use an AC extension cable (or surge protector), and plug the power supply into that; with a normal length charing cable going to the iPad.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. HayzBCFC

HayzBCFC
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Just to let you know it was the wire, thankfully, what must've happened I got the wires mixed up, as I have a pile of fake ones to give to my parrot, as he has a habit of wanting the official ones so I've been through a lot of wires. I am so glad it isn't a hardware problem. Thanks for the help and advise. :)

10. NSquirrel

NSquirrel
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Good to hear that it is resolved.

I think that the lightning connector could be quite fragile, hence I keep a spare, which can also be used for charging upstairs.