What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not being able to write in an email or a post in IPF

Barders

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I have had my ipad for a week and have managed to set up my gmail and Yahoo email accounts but haven't for my web based email account (Act Now Domans).

I can access the account, read emails and press reply/compose new emails. I can put the email address in and 'Subject' but can't write in the body of the emails itself (the keyboard doesn't come up).

Also I have just discovered that I can't write in the body of a post in IPF even though I have the app, can access and read posts and write in the 'Title' area in a new post, but again I can't write in the main body of the post (same thing no keyboard).

I know I am doing something wrong (not doing something I should be:eek:) and don't know where to start looking in the manual, can anyone give me some direction please.

Many thanks in advance.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I have had my ipad for a week and have managed to set up my gmail and Yahoo email accounts but haven't for my web based email account (Act Now Domans).

I can access the account, read emails and press reply/compose new emails. I can put the email address in and 'Subject' but can't write in the body of the emails itself (the keyboard doesn't come up).

Also I have just discovered that I can't write in the body of a post in IPF even though I have the app, can access and read posts and write in the 'Title' area in a new post, but again I can't write in the main body of the post (same thing no keyboard).

I know I am doing something wrong (not doing something I should be:eek:) and don't know where to start looking in the manual, can anyone give me some direction please.

Many thanks in advance.

OK - I don't use the iPF app, but a few Members have reported the same issue as you have. Some have suggested that, to be able to type in the message area of the iPF app, you first need to select a font......

Try it and see and, if it doesn't work, get back and I'm sure other Members who use the iPF app will comment...

Tim

OP
B

Barders

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have got this far and...

Bingo, thanks Tim!

Actually it wasn't the font but the two 'A's at the far right hand side. Don't know what made me press them, but it works, so....:)

Thanks again for your help, much appreciated. I will try the web based email now and see the same works for that.

Lynne

OP
B

Barders

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The web based email was half successful.

I could write in the body of am e-mail if I used 'plain text' instead of hmtl, or what ever it is called, but still could not write in the 'Subject' line, but will continue to play with it or speak to the provider and see if they can help.

Just incase this helps anyone else.:)

smb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello...I have a similar problem but the fixes mentioned have not worked. I can receive and forward mails no problem. The trouble is composing a new mail. I can enter the address of the person I'm sending to and then when I start to write the mail (and only ) does the 'Send' key light up. However, when I send the mail the iPad just goes in circles and continues to grind away until at some point I have to shut it down, delete the email account, create a new email account, etc...Any ideas?

OP
B

Barders

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, sorry I can't help with that. I solved my problem of not being able to type in the boxes by changing to plain text rather than rich text. I don't think it was in the font part, but one of those controls. But your problem sounds more technical, might be worth starting a new thread so the experts pick it up?

I hope you get it resolved soon, best of luck.

Lynne

Most reactions

Latest posts