What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not all pics show on long web pages?

ryandoc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,

A few times now when I'm on a web page the scrolls down a lot and has pics on it, the pics show at the start but then despite the complete web page being there, after so long the pics stop showing?

This page is an example. The pics show for about 1/3 of the page then after that they are just blank?

2010 in photos (part 1 of 3) - The Big Picture - Boston.com

That link is for "photos of 2010" best example I could find however quick warning there are a couple that show some upsetting pics, however they warn you first and you have to click to view them.

Anyway is this normal or do I have a fault?

Thanks in advance

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The iPad has a limited amount of RAM, both for programs and graphics. When it encounters a page that has this much information the best it can do is download until it's full, and then use placeholders for the remaining pictures.

It's normal for the iPad.

On the other hand web page designers and bloggers should know better than to put that many pictures on one page. With that much to show a gallery would have been more efficient and friendly to visit.

OP
R

ryandoc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback.

When you say use placeholders for the remaining pictures can you clarify on this please. Is there any actual way I can view the 'non-showing' pics then or do I just have to live with it?

Thanks

Itzxdjx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Its means that if you click on where the pics would be you can see them in a new page or w.e just wont be able to see a thumb

Most reactions

Latest posts