What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

not all photo's appear on Ipad

ronaren

iPF Noob
Reaction score
as webmaster i have made a site with a series of photo's. a number of photo's is being displayed on Ipad.but a number of photo's is not.( although these are shown allright on any mac or pc). the photo's not displyed do work as hypetlink. the site is just plain html.
i've asked three Apple premium stores about this problem but they cannot help me. On the instore Ipad the problem is also evident.
who can help me...

ronald

too bad i cannot add a link

Bluesjam

iPF Novice
Reaction score
When you say you've made a site for your photo's are you referring to a site like Photobucket? Photobucket works great and has it's own app and I have no problem viewing those photo's on my ipad.

OP
R

ronaren

iPF Noob
Reaction score
missing link ;-)

the link with the missing photo's is. Johan Jansen schilderijen index

it's just plain html and was written in frontpage.
it's very very strange the Ipad does't show all pictures.

I hope someone can help me...

ronald

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Fortunately for you my main internet connection is down. I'm being forced to use the hotspot on my phone, which is slow enough that your problem jumped out and hit me in the face.

Your pictures are too big. They download at a crawl.

So, I looked at your source, just to be sure, and sure enough you are using full sized pictures as thumbnails. Constraining their dimensions in html does nothing to reduce the actual size of the picture being downloaded. It just displays smaller.

The reason the iPad is not displaying the pictures is that it is running out of RAM to hold the page. It displays as much as it can, and then substitutes place holders for the rest.

What you need to do is make thumbnails of all the pictures on your main page. Take them into a photo editing program and reduce them to the same sizes you constrained them too in the html. I'm assuming you are using the full versions of the pictures elsewhere on the site. So be careful not to replace the originals with the thumbnails.

What I would do is create each thumbnail and just append something like _thmb to the file name. So picture.jpg would become picture_thmb.jpg.

Save them in the same folder that the original pictures are in.

Then go back to your html and edit the main page by replacing all the references to the original pictures with the thumbnails. It will be easy. All you have to do is add the _thmb to each file name. You can probably do away with the size constraint tags too, but it shouldn't hurt to leave them either.

I am almost certain this is your problem, and that this will fix it. If it doesn't, please let me know so I can make another crazy guess. ;)

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Watch out.

eye-2.jpg

OP
R

ronaren

iPF Noob
Reaction score
wow thanks for you help..the problem is only on Ipad..so i don't know if I fix it for this platform.
great to see that you overthere have great sence of humor.. although I'm ffom holland it is not double dutch....

ronald

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
wow thanks for you help..the problem is only on Ipad..so i don't know if I fix it for this platform.
great to see that you overthere have great sence of humor.. although I'm ffom holland it is not double dutch....

ronald

While other computers can view all of your page, if you use smaller thumbnails the page will display much faster. That should please anyone who's internet isn't all the speedy. When I was using my 3G Hotspot it gook almost a full minute for all the pictures to finish loading.

Most reactions

Latest posts