What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not Able to Save PDF on iBooks anymore

drtduarte

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dear Friends,

I have an Ipad2 and since some days ago I have some problems to save on IBooks most of pdfs that arrive by email.

I have spoke with a lot of Apple techicians and nobody knows why...

Anyone with the same issue?

Regards,
David

yellowhorse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I dunno the answer. I was wondering if there is a PDF or iBooks memory limitation at all. I normally keep mine in different subject folders, and they are in a separate section from the books. Do you think it might be in another section?

carol49

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have had the exact same problem for the past few weeks. Started when IOS 6 came out. I can no longer open PDF attachments in either iBooks or in GoodReader. I could be IOS 6 came out.

Went to the genius bar at the downtown Portland Apple store. They didn't have a clue. Suggested I send in a bug report to Apple. Did that two weeks ago and have heard nothing.

Other threads suggest you could delete iBooks (and GoodReader) and reinstall them. Tried that. No good.

Until Apple sends an upgrade to fix this bug we're stuck.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
carol49 said:
I have had the exact same problem for the past few weeks. Started when IOS 6 came out. I can no longer open PDF attachments in either iBooks or in GoodReader. I could be IOS 6 came out.

Went to the genius bar at the downtown Portland Apple store. They didn't have a clue. Suggested I send in a bug report to Apple. Did that two weeks ago and have heard nothing.

Other threads suggest you could delete iBooks (and GoodReader) and reinstall them. Tried that. No good.

Until Apple sends an upgrade to fix this bug we're stuck.

This thread is considerably older than the advent of iOS six. Several people have reported this Open In problem after thier iOS six update, but a reset or restart has fixed it for most. Give them a try if you have not.

--------------------------
Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears. Apple recommends you restart the iPad at least once a month.

and then a reset if that does not work.

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart. takes a bit longer than a restart.

ashes123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
not just iBooks having problems saving since ios6

I've been having the same issue on the new ipad since ios6 (some pdf's not saving from email into iBooks).
I've also had another app crashing out saving data after ios6 upgrade - until vendor issued an update via App store. I'd say there is a bug in ios6. Waiting for an update... very annoying as I use these pdfs to avoid carrying around lots of hard copy documents at work.

pingaley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same problem, but I just choose the second option "Open in.." And there I select ibooks and this works for me.

Most reactions