What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not able to play HD movies on iPad 2

Tuschness

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have downloaded the Oplayer HD Lite. I have put about five HD movies on it. However when I play it the sound isn't coming and at times the images are stuttering... Please help

madam_octa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why don't you just covert movies to iPad format, or even better, get Air Video and stream them from your computer?

OP
T

Tuschness

iPF Noob
Reaction score
madam_octa said:
Why don't you just covert movies to iPad format, or even better, get Air Video and stream them from your computer?

I Am taking a flight tomorrow and would like to watch tHe movies on board...

Is this a common problem with the iPad?

Is it a done thing to watch HD movies on the iPad 2?

SoldOnApple

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AVPlayer HD is apparently the way to go. You add them through iTunes and you can delete them directly on the iPad when you are done with them. I plan on buying AVPlayer HD as soon as I have the money spare (student).

OP
T

Tuschness

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SoldOnApple said:
AVPlayer HD is apparently the way to go. You add them through iTunes and you can delete them directly on the iPad when you are done with them. I plan on buying AVPlayer HD as soon as I have the money spare (student).

Hi 'SoldOnApple' which by the way I am too. THANK YOU FOR THE GREAT ADVICE. I downloaded AVPlayer HD and it's playing the 720P movies very well albeit not the 1080P but that's ok.

Please let me know your apple ID and whatever other details I may require to Gift you this app as a thank you :). I am in India so I hope you can gift apps across countries.

PxDx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SoldOnApple said:

Hi 'SoldOnApple' which by the way I am too. THANK YOU FOR THE GREAT ADVICE. I downloaded AVPlayer HD and it's playing the 720P movies very well albeit not the 1080P but that's ok.

Please let me know your apple ID and whatever other details I may require to Gift you this app as a thank you :). I am in India so I hope you can gift apps across countries.

Hi there, I'm planning to buy this one? How is it?

OP
T

Tuschness

iPF Noob
Reaction score
PxDx said:
Hi there, I'm planning to buy this one? How is it?

I have been using this app and it works very well with movies up to 720p.... Go ahead and buy :)

PxDx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
PxDx said:
I have been using this app and it works very well with movies up to 720p.... Go ahead and buy :)

Thanks for this one, purchased AV player HD and thoroughly enjoying it..

Last edited by a moderator:

FruitJuice

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Get AV Player HD it's simple ,easy to use and plays almost everything

It will be the best £1.79 you spend in the app store

savagedog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have played with ipad 2 720p mkv videos on av player hd. But when it comes to ipad1 i think the hardware is not strong to play 720p mkv. As far as i have tested the ipad2 has no problem to play them.

Si vis pacem parabellum.

Most reactions

Latest posts