What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not a good hair day!

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thought I should start a new thread regarding the sudden inability to display emoticons in my posts. For some reason I have only just noticed that when I try to insert an emoticon, or smiley as I usually call them, all that is displayed on the actual finished post is a small blank square where the emoticon should be, doh! Also when I look at the thread I started regarding Usage, where I began the post with a question face, it just shows the word question outlined.
I have tried a hard reset, uninstalled the shortcut for my browser, reinstalled it, check I have emoji keyboard installed (which, by the way, I hadn't before yet was able to insert emoticons on the forum posts). I just cannot understand why this has happened all of a sudden. Even if I input the corresponding text, i.e. :) for an emoticon, it still doesn't work! Looks like
When I look at the emoticons at the foot of this post whilst typing, all I see is the radio button and at the side the emoticon in text, such as Post, Thumbs down, Wink and so on.
I am in for a frustrating day :(

OP
Mesqueunclub

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have just noticed that in Posting Permissions, You may edit your posts, the HTML code is off.

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm finding the same thing, No smilies :)

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
That's just in website view. When looking at them with the app, your smilies are visible. :)
And I see that my smiley is here as well in website view. (I used the keyboard to produce it.)

Last edited:

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes i use the keyboard for smilies, i see yours J.A but not mine or Barcamad's.

OP
Mesqueunclub

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That's just in website view. When looking at them with the app, your smilies are visible. :)
And I see that my smiley is here as well in website view. (I used the keyboard to produce it.)
Thanks J. A., looks like it is a web site issue.
Mike

OP
Mesqueunclub

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is there any way of turning on the HTML code in Posting Permissions? I feel this has something to do with it and cannot understand why it has suddenly been disabled. Do we have to ask admin?
Just a thought.
Mike

Just noticed Smilies are shown as 'on'. Yet no Smilies still. Very strange.

Last edited:

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Is there any way of turning on the HTML code in Posting Permissions? I feel this has something to do with it and cannot understand why it has suddenly been disabled. Do we have to ask admin?
Just a thought.
Mike

Just noticed Smilies are shown as 'on'. Yet no Smilies still. Very strange.

Hi Mike.....yes we do seem to be having an emoticon issue right now on the Forum and our tech guys have been informed of this. Hopefully they'll have this issue fixed real soon......it's just not the same without our Smileys! ;)

They are visible on the app for me!

OP
Mesqueunclub

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi Mike.....yes we do seem to be having an emoticon issue right now on the Forum and our tech guys have been informed of this. Hopefully they'll have this issue fixed real soon......it's just not the same without our Smileys! ;) They are visible on the app for me!

Thanks Leelai, didn't mean to bang on about it. Have a brill Christmas Downunder. Bet the weather is hot this time of year. Seems weird for a pom like me to imagine warm/hot sunny days round Christmas time ☺️
We are off down south to Cornwall, where it should be a few degrees warmer, for a traditional family get together. Can't wait! Loads of good food and of course drinking!
Take care,
Mike

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Last edited:

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Leelai, didn't mean to bang on about it. Have a brill Christmas Downunder. Bet the weather is hot this time of year. Seems weird for a pom like me to imagine warm/hot sunny days round Christmas time ☺️
We are off down south to Cornwall, where it should be a few degrees warmer, for a traditional family get together. Can't wait! Loads of good food and of course drinking!
Take care,
Mike

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Thank you! We have been having some very hot days lately....perfect beach weather really....thank goodness for cooling breezes in the afternoon though!

Lol....don't worry, us Aussies always think of White Christmases this time of year....I think it's on everyone's bucket list to do. ;). It's certainly on ours....one day hopefully!

Have a wonderful Christmas Mike, I always look forward to having a big get together with everyone and yes, then there's the food and all those other goodies!!

it's not too far away now and I still have presents to buy....:O

Most reactions