What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nook app for I-Pad

jmccoy1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On the Barnes and Noble website it says we can download a Nook app for the Ipad from Itunes, but when I search for it, there is no such app fo the Ipad. What happened to it?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It has been temporarily withdrawn, pending an upgrade. Basically Apple wanted them to remove the 'In Store' button from the app and they're working on this now. It will be back soon.

Tim

Somerled

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.deckyon.com
Oops, not back yet. That was Nook Kids... It should not be long, however, as the iPhone version is there. The app Kobo will work with Barnes & Noble, however.

Last edited:

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oops, not back yet. That was Nook Kids... It should not be long, however, as the iPhone version is there. The app Kobo will work with Barnes & Noble, however.

Kobo works with Borders, not B&N, at least on books I own.

Kobo might be temporarily out, too. (I haven't checked.) I received email saying they had to change their app, because of Apple. (Same reason as Tim mentioned for the Nook app.)

Last edited:

Somerled

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.deckyon.com
Hmm, Kobo came up when I did the search for Nook.

Personally, Kobo is annoying and very slow. They do have a lot of affiliates and not just Borders. Kobo is in the store, however, with the changes made already.

OP
J

jmccoy1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I'm glad it will be back soon. :)

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmm, Kobo came up when I did the search for Nook.

Personally, Kobo is annoying and very slow. They do have a lot of affiliates and not just Borders. Kobo is in the store, however, with the changes made already.

I'm checking with Kobo, because it would be good to have its app as a backup to read B&N books, in case B&N goes belly up, like Borders. So far, I've not gotten any B&N books to work with Kobo's app. Maybe some work because they don't have DRM, but the books I want to preserve access to all have DRM.

ReaderDude

iPF Noob
Reaction score
B&N announced today that they would soon be releasing a new version of Nook for iPad that adds support for full color magazines and newspapers. They were probably so close to finishing it, that they didn't want to release an old version of the app that just had the store removed even though Apple was forcing it.

55julie55

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just updated my kindle app.
Now I don't have a shop or go to shop option.
Is it hiding or did they forget to include?

Killman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
55julie55 said:
I just updated my kindle app.
Now I don't have a shop or go to shop option.
Is it hiding or did they forget to include?

It has been removed actually.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Go to Amzon.com in Safari and buy them through the Kindle store. That's all the link did anyway, send you directly to the Kindle store in Safari.

Most reactions

Latest posts