What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nooby here - want to take photos off iPad1 onto memory stick???????

Rickybobby1752

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey folks - thanks for dropping in. I'm trying to get a bunch of photos off my iPad (original with 5.1.1. update) onto a memory stick. I've searched for an answer with no luck. Help anyone??

axis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Rickybobby1752 said:
Hey folks - thanks for dropping in. I'm trying to get a bunch of photos off my iPad (original with 5.1.1. update) onto a memory stick. I've searched for an answer with no luck. Help anyone??

Dropbox or similar?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Rickybobby... - welcome to the forum! :)

Well, you will NOT be able to directly move your iPad photos from the device to a memory stick attached to the iPad (talking about a non-JB iPad).

As already suggested, 'cloud' options would be a consideration (of course if you have a plethora of photos, then the process could be tedious?).

Now, you did not mention using a computer to transfer your images, e.g. using iTunes? Is this not an option for you? Also there are other choices, especially apps using a 'wireless' transfer - I have PhotoSync (CHECK HERE) on my iPad and on my laptop which permits this function - good luck!

michae222

iPF Noob
Reaction score
axis said:
Dropbox or similar?

Hi ,noticed a little thread moving photos to memory stick. I've had the same problem and found a company in states Maxell makes a device called air-stash. Might be worth a look for you. A bit expensive but works for me after initial teething problems. Love the iPad stick with it .

OP
R

Rickybobby1752

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes dropbox is an option, but with 516 photos to get at, it will be long and tedious. I've downloaded the APP suggested by giradman but it only works on the iPad, not my MAC. So other than dropbox or iCloud which i don't use, its gonna be a long day!!

OP
R

Rickybobby1752

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Looks like I bought the wrong app for my MAC. I see there's another freebee, same name. Downloaded it and voila, it works. Oh happy day!! Thanks for the help folks.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Looks like I bought the wrong app for my MAC. I see there's another freebee, same name. Downloaded it and voila, it works. Oh happy day!! Thanks for the help folks.

Great! I was about to post The PhotoSync Link, which provides a download for either the Mac or a PC for the companion program that needs to be added to your computer - the Windows version has worked for me - good luck! :)

Most reactions

Latest posts