noobie-VERY ill w/tummyflu, no NRG 2 do intro now:-( Have had a"cut/copy" disaster!??

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions - Site Assistance' started by kata_, Dec 5, 2013.

1. kata_

kata_
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    i am SO SORRY not to write an intro, search old posts, or read the rules, this first time here! But I'm just way too ill to do
    anything extra, at all, right now :-< I wouldn't even be able to write this without Siri, quite honestly. :-(

I'm guessing there are thousands of posts out there asking if there's a way to undo a wrong cut-and-paste sequence, so I
    really apologize to ask again, but I am so desperate for some hopeful answer, and I have a sinking feeling that there isn't
    any! Is there anybody out there, who can truthfully tell me that I'm wrong, and there IS actually a way to undo an idiot
    "clipboard" action? (If I were actually, physically amongst you all, I would be lying on the floor, in a fetal position, looking
    quite green and sickly, curled feebly around my iPad mini, and genuinely - albeit in a weak and queasy voice - begging
    earnestly and desperately, over and over, for this bit of help from anyone and everyone out there - or is that too much
    information?!?!)

yours truly,
    kata

2. abababababab

abababababab
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    I dont think there is any way to undo a wrong cut copy sequence.

If I am wrong, someone else will obviously correct me.

Welcome to iPF and hope you have a happy time here.

3. Mickey330

Mickey330
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Once you've made the wrong clipboard action and while still in the app in which you made the error - if you make an immediate press of the ".?123" key, you should see and "undo" key, like this:

[​IMG]

However, although I certainly recommend you try it, it usually doesn't work after you've started typing again or moved to another app. Essentially, this key only undoes your last typing action whether it be pasting or typing. It can/will also turn into a "redo" button if you've accidentally hit the undo...

But, this is really just FYI for the next time as I'm afraid there is nothing to be done for your particular situation. Sorry.

Marilyn

4. smalltowngirl13

smalltowngirl13
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Hello and welcome to the forum! Hope you feel better soon...