What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Noobie here hooking up with VZW tomorrow; how much data do I need?

kwitel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I already have a VZW account.
I will use my IPAD for moderate email use, and moderate streaming/surfing.

What would you suggest as a starting point with regard to data needed?

seneca18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The email use will be nothing, it really comes down to the streaming bit. Do you have an iPhone or any other smart phone. If you do you should see how much data you typically use in a month on that then make your decision accordingly. For instance I use my iPhone a ton, but find myself on WiFi most everywhere I go so in the month of July so far I have only used 682MB. I only have a WiFi iPad so I can't say for sure but I would imagine my usage would be even lower than what it is on my iPhone. Hope that helps a little.

OP
K

kwitel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The email use will be nothing, it really comes down to the streaming bit. Do you have an iPhone or any other smart phone. If you do you should see how much data you typically use in a month on that then make your decision accordingly. For instance I use my iPhone a ton, but find myself on WiFi most everywhere I go so in the month of July so far I have only used 682MB. I only have a WiFi iPad so I can't say for sure but I would imagine my usage would be even lower than what it is on my iPhone. Hope that helps a little.

That does help; thanks for the reply.
Turns out that I didnt need to spend any additional money to switch to the new "share everything" plan with VZW.
I now have 4gb between my BBerry and Ipad, which I think will suffice.

I pay 145/mo for unlimited text, talk, blackberry enterprise and 4gb's of data.

Most reactions

Latest posts