What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Noob,

DebiRose

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi All,

Just signed up to get the updates and the like on the iPad. :eek: I have the iPad2, the iPhone3G and two keyboards (for my iPad). My first keypad I bought for with the iPad1, which I transfered over to the iPad2, but it died (yesterday RIP lil' buddy:( ), loved that keyboard and it's functionality. Went out today and bought the wireless keyboard as it was recommended as an accessory on the Apple website - and HORRORS :(:thumbsdown:, it doesn't have the same or better functionality that you would expect in an upgrade. The only 'upside' that I can see is that I can have my iPad either portrait or landscape, depending on the application that I'm using.

I would have thought, that if the keyboard was paired (bleating, sorry) with the iPad, that it would automatically enable the ESC key to close the application that you were in (which the key in the same spot did on the old keyboard), and the the 'eject' key (which is completely useless with an iPad) would have been enabled to shut down the iPad (again, which the key in the same spot on the old keyboard did).

OK, bleat over. Oh, if anyone can come up with 'how to reprogram keys' on the wireless keyboard, I await with bated breath (I really should brush my teeth).

Cheers, m'dears!

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there and welcome.

Well I hope that you can get your keyboard issues resolved.

There is lots of good advice and info on here plus plenty of members all too willing to help with any problems.

Remember, search is your friend. If you can't find the answer you need and you post a question then give as much info as you can to help members help you i.e. iPad 1 or 2, iOS version and name of app if the problem is with a specific app........and please don't forget to read the rules http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

These are the hacking section rules for all you jail breakers (and would be jail breakers) http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/2892-hacking-section-rules-please-read.html

We also have an app for this forum. The link to download the app is: Discussion Forum for iPad Users for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

You can download the manual for your iPad here http://support.apple.com/manuals/ and in iBooks search for "iPad user guide for" and you will find free comprehensive manuals for both iOS 4 and 5.

If you have other Apple products or are interested in other Apple kit then why not join our sister forum too at http://www.appleforums.net/

The Archangel

OP
D

DebiRose

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Gabriel1,

Many thanks for the info, and the welcome. I'm already on your sister forum, and have the manuals, but again, thank you. Won't be a jailbreaker - not into that, and am wayyyyy to blonde.

Thanks again,
Debs.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DebiRose said:
Hi Gabriel1,

Many thanks for the info, and the welcome. I'm already on your sister forum, and have the manuals, but again, thank you. Won't be a jailbreaker - not into that, and am wayyyyy to blonde.

Thanks again,
Debs.

Sounds like you are well set up already.

The Archangel

OP
D

DebiRose

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Gabriel1,

Yes, I'm lucky that way. However, there's always room to learn more (shakes head, echoee sound emanates from within), besides, sharings' kind of nice too.

Cheers, DR.

eviltwinsister82

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi! my name is Juliette and i need help..does anyone know how to change the language on the APP STORE? everything else on my iPad 2 is in english..but the app store is in japanese.. :(

OP
D

DebiRose

iPF Noob
Reaction score
eviltwinsister82 said:
hi! my name is Juliette and i need help..does anyone know how to change the language on the APP STORE? everything else on my iPad 2 is in english..but the app store is in japanese.. :(

Hi Juliette,
I have copy/pasted the instructions below direct from the Apple store for you. Good luck.

Follow the steps below tho change the language displayed in iTunes and also the language displayed in the iTunes store.

Note: No matter what you set your language to, some content on the iTunes Store (such as album names and movie names) will still display in their original language; it is mostly the navigation buttons, tabs, and so on which will be affected by changing the language.

Changing your language setting in the iTunes Store

Notes:

Content on the iTunes Store (such as album names and movie names) will still display in its original language; it is mostly the navigation tabs within the iTunes Store window which will be affected by changing the language.
Your country's iTunes Store may not have the language available that you just enabled in iTunes (in the first section of this article). See the table below to determine which languages are available for your country.
If the table does have the language, you can apply that language to the iTunes Store by following the steps below.
If the table doesn't have the language, you cannot have the iTunes Store displayed in that language.
Which country's store you use is determined by the billing address of your payment method. For example, if you open an iTunes Store account using a credit card from the United States, you need to use the U.S. store. See How to set up an iTunes Store account for more details.
iTunes Store available languages table

Steps to change the language setting in the iTunes Store

Click the iTunes Store icon on the left side of iTunes.
Scroll down to the bottom of the main iTunes Store window. Then, In the bottom-right corner, click on the country flag.
On the next screen, select any different country's store—it doesn't matter which country you select, you'll change it in a moment to complete the process.
You will now be taken to the main iTunes Store window for the country you selected. Scroll back down to the bottom of the window, and in the bottom-right corner, click on the country flag.
On the next screen, switch back to your country's iTunes Store by reselecting your country.
Your language setting will now be displayed in the iTunes Store where content has been localized.
(To change the language back to what it was, repeat these steps.)

Most reactions

Latest posts