What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Noob question - iMovie & iPhoto on Jailbroken iPad 1

Chiptastic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all

I am new to the forum, just jailbroken my iPad1 on 5.1.1!

I had hoped that after Jailbreaking I would be able to install iMovie and iPhoto (which I have bought for my iPhone 4) but they still give the standard 'not compatible' error in the app store.

Is there a way to bypass this and install them? I have scoured Google but all I can find is a workaround from earlier in the year regarding using iMovie on the 5.01 firmware, nothing about if you are jailbroken on 5.1.1.

Any help would be great! :)

andrewak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Chiptastic said:
Hi all

I am new to the forum, just jailbroken my iPad1 on 5.1.1!

I had hoped that after Jailbreaking I would be able to install iMovie and iPhoto (which I have bought for my iPhone 4) but they still give the standard 'not compatible' error in the app store.

Is there a way to bypass this and install them? I have scoured Google but all I can find is a workaround from earlier in the year regarding using iMovie on the 5.01 firmware, nothing about if you are jailbroken on 5.1.1.

Any help would be great! :)

You needn't to jailbreak for iPhoto (don't know about iMovie) This is short tutorial that can be googled easy:

The process is pretty painless and requires the download of the iPhoto app via the iTunes application on a computer, as well as the download of Apple’s iPhone Configuration Tool Utility which is available for both Windows and Mac. The next stages require the iPad to be connected to the computer and synced with iTunes as normal, launching the iPhone configuration tool when it is complete and using the tool to navigate to the ‘Applications‘ tab which can be found on the left-hand side of the app. The user then needs to click ‘Add’ at the top of the current window and locate the previously download iPhoto app which should be located under ‘Music/iTunes/Mobile Applications‘ for Mac OS X users.
When the iPhoto app have been located, it is then a case of clicking the name of the connected iPad in the left-hand panel and then selecting to view the ‘Applications‘ section. The rest of the process is pretty self explanatory and simply requires finding the iPhoto application in this list and clicking ‘install’ which will add it to the installed applications on the first generation iPad, bypassing the requirements without requiring a jailbreak. It seems like a strange move from Apple to not allow iPhoto to run officially on the original iPad, considering the experience seems to be extremely smooth and trouble free. The only issue comes when attempting to sync the iPad with iTunes, which will present a generated error message advising that the iPad isn’t authorized to use the iPhoto app.

I've done it myself - when you are adding iPhoto to ICTU be patient - it takes some time and application isn't responding - be patient. Installing app to iPad takes some time too :)

OP
C

Chiptastic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, is there any way to get rid of the error message when syncing with iTunes?

This version of installing doesn't need a jailbreak, it would be even better if there was a jailbreak tweak to allow install without any errors etc! Any ideas?!

Most reactions