What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non web based medical front desk appointment app.

Golfaholicdoc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm in a solo medical practice without secretary. Got phone recorded messages from my patients, to which I return the calls and set their visit.
So I'm looking for this kind of app for my iPhone/iPad.
I don't want to pay a monthly fee, just the price and that's it.
Any clue??
Thanks.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Any reason why you can't use the Calendar app? Or if you don't like that interface there's Fantastical 2 and Calendar 5. They both sync with the the native Calendar app.

OP
G

Golfaholicdoc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Any reason why you can't use the Calendar app? Or if you don't like that interface there's Fantastical 2 and Calendar 5. They both sync with the the native Calendar app.
Thanks Twerppoet, I'd rather prefer the simplest agenda with afternoon scheduling every half hour, from 2PM to 8 PM, and that's all!!!.Then I just write the patient's name and all set.
The calendar app doesn't have (I didn't see it) the above, so I have to write it every single working day, which I don't want to.Thoughts are welcome.Bye now.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
There is probably the perfect app hiding somewhere in the App Store, but none of my searches showed it. I probably don't know the right terms to try.

It's fairly easy to add an appointment to the Calendar app in Day or Week mode. You just tap-hold on the timeline roughly where you want the appointment, then drag it to the exact time/day. Unfortunately the native Calendar app defaults to hour slots, and I don't see any way to change that, but as long as the appointment is still highlighted you can drag the bottom dot up, shortening the appointment.

Then tap the title and type in the name.

Fantastical 2 can also add appointments using the tap-hold-drag-drop method. However it does not have a day view, just a week view. Though, that should work pretty well if all you are doing is adding names. Unlike Calendar, Fantastical 2 has a setting so you can change the default appointment duration.

I played with it a bit, and only needed a small amount of practice before I could make a new appointment and name it very quickly.

One of the nice things about Fantastical is that you can have lots of info, or get rid of everything but the week/timeline view; for a very simple view.

Fantastical.png

It's still overkill for the job, but it's also the only thing I can think of>

Calendar 5 probably works about the same way. I no longer have it loaded to test.

You could always roll your own with a spreadsheet app like Numbers, though you are then looking at a lot of overhead copying and tracking tables for each day or week.

Or, long story short, all I have are workarounds, not the ideal solution.

Most reactions