What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non tech/non interested spouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Studor13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you have children? If yes, then the answer is very easy.

Once she sees how amazing FaceTime is you will be able to get an iPod/iPhone, iPad2 and maybe even the latest and greatest Apple Mac or whatever else that she can share a live Facetime chat with her parents. And you, of course.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yup face time is a killer app, but you need to wait for the kids to grow......

( From a man with an Irish wife, who sees instructions as another part of the packaging to be thrown out immediately.)

OP
NYC Adam

NYC Adam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, my avatar isn't a picture of me, but my little man. Like I said, aim going to to buy the wife and I iPhones, maybe the nanny too when the 5 comes out - one of the many reasons being Facetime. Release is looking like Q4 2011 - September I hear, but that's the plan.

And my wife throws the package and instructions away before you are done unwrapping...then asks how to use it.

I thought long and hard about getting her either knitting needles and a handgun or an iPhone - I chose the iPhone!

Last edited:

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My hubby likes gardening so I downloaded some apps for recording names and what rotation the crops are in. He also likes Moody blues and anything in the 60's & 70's and male films. I asked him if he would like an iPad but he just says that he's got mine. Irritating man!

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Buy her Restaurant Story, Sims 3 (iPad) - they're gateway drugs. My girlfriend sent her FIRST e-mail with her iPad.

Loraco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
NYC Adam said:
What to do when you have a significcant other with no interest in the wonders of your gizmo (the electronic one). Anyone come accross cool apps or ideas to get your other half excited about the pad?

Why would you want to do that then you have to share! My hubby and I call dibs all the time!

Last edited:
OP
NYC Adam

NYC Adam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Loraco said:
Why would you want to do that then you have to share! My hubby and I call dibs all the time!

It's awesome that you share, kind of endearing actually. Problem is she's not down, not savvy and doesn't get it. If she did, I would buy her one today....

Loraco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
NYC Adam said:
It's awesome that you share, kind of endearing actually. Problem is she's not down, not savvy and doesn't get it. If she did, I would buy her one today....

Well she doesn't no what she missing!! you could buy me one!! I would love to not share and have my own!

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Loraco said:
Well she doesn't no what she missing!! you could buy me one!! I would love to not share and have my own!

I'm working on my hubby all the time so that I can get iPad 2 64gb 3G and he can have my one. I keep telling him I will put all his war films, books and his favourite tv programs on there so it sounds attractive to him! He might fall for it!

Bennettb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I suggest you help out a lot more around the house and then your wives, etc might have more time and energy to use an iPad.

Bobbi

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I suggest you help out a lot more around the house and then your wives, etc might have more time and energy to use an iPad.

Bobbi

That's another suggestion among the many that addressed the OPs question , but as it responds to a conversation that ceased well over two years ago, this thread is now closed. Thank you for your understanding.
............................................Thread Closed.....................................

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions