What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non-Responsive iPad in Facebook

Gmiles1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tried this...tried everything...also, it is just not ipad having this problem on a browser. It is with Nooks, Androids, laptops and dekstops.

Gmiles1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do you even share anything on the FB app? I have never been able to figure that part out. That is why i don't like the facebook app, as i can't share a post from my newfeed or from my wall!

talon90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You're not alone. Same thing happening here with a three week old iPad 4 64. Facebook app is fine, this only happens with using Safari on the www.facebook.com web page. Likes and comments don't respond when you click on them. I don't have the crashing issue. The funny thing is it used to work up until about a week ago. Cleared cookies, turned cookies off and then on again. Rebooted, attempted using Chrome to see if it was a Safari update that may have caused it. It is as if I installed another app that is in conflict with the Safari / Facebook combination. The problem is I have no idea which one (if at all) it was that may have done it. My new iPad has a much larger capacity than my previous iPad 2 did so I've been having fun installing apps, games and movies pretty much daily. I can't specifically say when this actually happened but it is irritating as I really don't like the FB app and much prefer simply being able to browse with Safari.

I've tried searching the web for similar issues and solutions but have been unable to find anyone talking about this problem until this thread. Thank you. At least I now know I'm not losing my mind.

Erikag74

iPF Noob
Reaction score
talon90 said:
I've submitted a problem report on the Facebook site. We'll see what happens.

While on fb just a few minutes ago I was actually able to comment again by holding in the blank comment , just hold your finger there and the keyboard will come up.. They must be working on this problem... Ugh.

markbnh1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Erikag74 said:
While on fb just a few minutes ago I was actually able to comment again by holding in the blank comment , just hold your finger there and the keyboard will come up.. They must be working on this problem... Ugh.

Yes, I just noticed that the problems seem to be fixed now! Thanks to anyone who reported it to Facebook!

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

markbnh1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Erikag74 said:

Yes, the issue appears to be fixed now! Yay!

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

Kicki

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm new to iPad but have already experineced the same problem You're discussing above. Did not find any answer how to solve the problem so I will continue to follow this discussion.

I prefer the Internet version of Facebook on my new iPad 3 before the App version. Mainly because it comes in Swedish (the App only in English). Since some weeks ago I have faced a problem: I can't "like" or "comment" or do other actions on some of incoming issues. It happens now and then. Sometimes it's OK (as it should be) and sometimes it seems to be blocked: there's seems to be some kind of "reaction" but nothig happens really. It seem to be random: sometime it's OK or a certain frien and the nex time (same day) it's not but OK for another.

It this due to some wrong settings in my iPad or is it something coming from Facebook (trying to force me to use the app)? What can I do about it. For the time being I have to use my desktop to handle those actions that does not work in my iPad.

regards

Kicki

eadaoin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You are right, using fb via Safari appears much improved the last few days. I am able to like stuff. I just can't get over how bad the fb app on the iPad is, if I were Facebook I would be embarrassed to have such a bad product out on the market!

Dalynja

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The problem seems to have nothing to do with ipad settings. It seems that it has been working better for the past few days. However, it is not consistent, I still have problems sharing, liking and opening links on Facebook in Safari now and again.

kimrod7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I rarely use FaceBook through Safari. It works when I do, but that might just be because I don't use it long enough to crash Safari.

The FaceBook app crashes every so often, but since all I have to do is start it again, I don't pay much attention to the frequency.

Other than the fixes I outlined, and the Admiral's suggestion to delete and reinstall it, I have no more ideas what could be done.

Are you running the most recent version of iOS (6.01)?

Actually, I am not using iOS6 ... It was only a few months ago I installed iOS5 ... When I did that, I lost all my iTunes music and spent an hour on the phone with Apple trying to get it back. I bet that's e problem, I need to install iOS 6. Hopefully things go better this time when I install it lol ... Thank you for your time!

Most reactions

Latest posts