What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non-Responsive iPad in Facebook

Pixie girl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same problem here also. I've tried safari , dolphin and mercury...all are unresponsive to Facebook but all other websites work fine. My Facebook app works fine but I can't stand using it.

cruiser111

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There's a relatively new browser available (new to me ) called, Perfect Web Browser. Noticed it has a 'post to Facebook' tab. Might be worth a try.

It has a 'hyper scroll bar' that I love! You can tap it to page up or down or hold it to scroll up or down.
The rest is similar to Safari. The settings provide a lot of choices too. Has a good selection of desktop renderings and has the full screen option and much more. And no, there is no association with the Browser people other than I discovered it and now it's my go to Browser.

raysto

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think its facebook trying to force ipad users into using their app, probably because they can collect data more easily. I have tried six browsers including safari, mercury, chrome, dolphin, opera and puffin and ALL have the same problem with varying degrees. I have even tried turning off JavaScript and this didn't help much, plus it brought up a message telling me to download their Facebook app "for a better experience".

raysto

iPF Noob
Reaction score
None of these otherwise useful suggestions are working for people because it seems Facebook has done something to try to prevent iPad users from using fb on browsers. They are bullying us into getting the app, even though it's not the full fb experience. Why would they want to do that...?

Gmiles1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That is exactly what i said yesterday! Facebook was trying to force us to use their app! Great minds think alike lol!

Gmiles1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just downloaded Mercury browser...having same problem...can only like one thing on the news feed...than that is it....i hate facebook.

markbnh1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm having the same issues and its very annoying! The app is sorely lacking! I've also tried several browsers to no avail. Facebook is screwing everyone!

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

cruiser111

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just looked up Perfect Web Browser...not sure if i want to spend the $2.99?

Agreed. Found it through AppPriceDrop app. For $0.99 on sale, it was worth it. It should go on sale again. Although, if it were to disappear from my iPad now, the $2.99 would be tempting. PWB is quite useful.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Earlier today I visited my Facebook account while using safari instead of the app, I experienced no problems.

OP
SoylentGreenIsPeople
Reaction score
Wow, I didn't realize so many people were having the same problem! I have tried everything posted here to no avail. It only happens when I'm on fb through Safari. But I deleted my fb app and reinstalled it. So far, no problems. But I would like to understand what happened and why.
Thank you for your help.

markbnh1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
SoylentGreenIsPeople said:
Wow, I didn't realize so many people were having the same problem! I have tried everything posted here to no avail. It only happens when I'm on fb through Safari. But I deleted my fb app and reinstalled it. So far, no problems. But I would like to understand what happened and why.
Thank you for your help.

So, are you saying that reinstalling the Facebook app fixed the safari Facebook problems?

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

OP
SoylentGreenIsPeople
Reaction score
None of these otherwise useful suggestions are working for people because it seems Facebook has done something to try to prevent iPad users from using fb on browsers. They are bullying us into getting the app, even though it's not the full fb experience. Why would they want to do that...?

I think this must be true. I have no problem using FB w/their app, but am still unable to use it through the browser. {I haven't tried other browsers}. So the answer to our problems seems to be go to fb through their app only. Not happy! I really don't like it.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I haven't had any problems at all in accessing my Facebook account from a browser. In light of this, the problem can't be universal. I also seriously doubt that Facebook would deliberately disable access to their site from an iPad while using a browser instead of the app.

Most reactions

Latest posts