Nokia’s Here Maps App is, um, Here!

Discussion in 'Apple iPad News' started by Maura, Nov 20, 2012.

By Maura on Nov 20, 2012 at 11:03 AM
  1. Maura

Maura
    Expand Collapse
    iPadForums News Team

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]

We first heard news that it was on the way a few days back, and now AppleInsider reports that Nokia’s dedicated “Here†maps app has found its way to the App Store. The app is HTML5-based, and comes complete with offline capabilities. Also, and unlike Apple’s much-maligned (although some people actually quite like it, it must be said!) in-house iOS Maps app, Here also boasts voice-guided walking navigation and directions for public transport users.

Nokia also said that future updates will be bringing 3D capabilities to the app.

Click here to download the free app: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/here-maps/id577430143?mt=8

Source: Nokia's dedicated 'Here' maps app hits the iOS App Store

Comments

Discussion in 'Apple iPad News' started by Maura, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Mickey330
      Mickey330
      Heh. I like your headline. :)

Marilyn
    2. Kaykaykay
      Kaykaykay
      Me, too. It made me laugh.

I like Google maps, and nothing I've read about Nokia's app makes me want to switch.
    3. Gabriel1
      Gabriel1
      I was going to download onto my iPhone but then I read the reviews and decided against it.

The Archangel
    4. KevinJS
      KevinJS
      No way I'd use a mapping system called "Here". I know where I am. I want to be "There", not "Here".

Sent from my iPad using iPF
    5. Kaykaykay
      Kaykaykay
      Could've been worse. Might have been called "Where?" Lol.
    6. A.K
      A.K
      The pois and in general database is lacking compared to google maps...Nokia being huge here in India I thought they would have a much more comprehensive database in this country atleast comparable to google...well atleast they are not withholding any features here :D
    7. iJamesH
      iJamesH
      Or nowhere.