What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nokia Launches Familiar-Looking N1 Tablet

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score

Pocket-lint reports that Nokia has today launched its first product for quite some time, the N1 Android tablet. And judging by the looks of the N1, it’s clearly a labour of love…love for Apple’s iPad mini, that is!

Imitation is, they say, the sincerest form of flattery, and bearing that in mind, it seems that Nokia is unabashed in its admiration for Apple’s iPad mini tablet.

All teasing aside, it seems that Nokia has been studying the iPad mini very closely to produce what looks like a very smart little tablet. Aside from the obvious cosmetic similarities, Pocket-lint writes that the Nokia N1 has very similar measurements to the iPad mini, being a 7.9-inch tablet with a 4:3 ratio. The IPS panel is 2048x1536 with 324ppi, and a Gorilla Glass 3 screen.

The N1 has a 64-bit Intel Atom Z3580 processor, which runs at 2.3GHz, with 2GB of LPDDR3 RAM, running Android 5.0 Lollipop. It is set to retail for $249, and will launch in China first of all, on February 19 2015, before rolling out around the world.

We’ve seen plenty of other rival tablets come and go, none of which have truly managed to dent the iPad’s market dominance. Does Nokia’s N1 look like it might have a shot at bringing back the glory days for Nokia?

Source: Pocket-lint

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, it's a great looking tablet with similar physical features, so much so that I'm thinking some legal action for copyright infringement might be just around the corner:)
Andrew

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes, it's a great looking tablet with similar physical features, so much so that I'm thinking some legal action for copyright infringement might be just around the corner:)
Andrew

Probably. I always found it rather odd though that Apple tries to patent a shape. That's not realistic, IMO. Lots of products out there in various industries resemble each other in many ways. Look at cars... They are starting to blend together out there.

I dunno, seems silly but whatever Apple thinks, I guess.

Most reactions

Latest posts