What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No wifi

Hedonist222

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The wifi option is greyed out, I cant enable it.
3g is working fine. Whats going on?

3dc4c638.png

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You are almost there!

From the page you show in the screen shot, tap on Network then on the next page, tap on Wi-Fi and that will bring up this page --

ipad53.jpg

OP
H

Hedonist222

iPF Noob
Reaction score
1991 , thanks for the super quick reply but this is what appears

d5e04426.png

Wifi has been workingnsince I bougt the iPad in July. Just this morning it would notlocate my router but wifi was ON them suddenly it went off and will not turn on again.
My internet is working fine.

:( help

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The next thing I would try is turning your Airplane Mode on then off again. If that doesn't work, try rebooting your iPad by holding down the Home button and the Sleep/Wake button together until the gray Apple logo appears.

ipad29.jpg

Try those things then we can take it from there.

OP
H

Hedonist222

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I should have said I already turned flight mode on and off. I also shut the ipad down by holding the power button till the 'slide to power off' appears. Then started back up and no wifi .

Does the reboot method you mentioned above restore my iPad to manufacturer settings? Like I'll have to reinstall al apps?

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I should have said I already turned flight mode on and off. I also shut the ipad down by holding the power button till the 'slide to power off' appears. Then started back up and no wifi .

Does the reboot method you mentioned above restore my iPad to manufacturer settings? Like I'll have to reinstall al apps?
Rebooting is perfectly safe. Its like CTRL-ALT-DEL on your computer (assuming you are using Windows!) You literally have to use the Erase All Content and Settings option to clear the contents, but as long as you are on that page, try this one just for grins before doing the reset --

ipad54.jpg

OP
H

Hedonist222

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ok I rebooted as instructed & cleared network settings. Nothing.

Here is the last thing I can remmeber about my iPad.

I usually turn off wifi & 3G before bed, plug in the charger and let it charge till morning. Take it to work with me, turn on 3G and casually browse the internet and so on. Today I could not use the iPad and only turned on the screen at home after work. I noticed I had left the wifi on from last night. No harm done I assumed. We have a wifi connection at work that is locked and only guests and admin have access to it. But what does leaving the wifi on (at work and drive home) have to do with it being disabled.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It shouldn't have anything to do with it. I never shut my WiFi off, even when charging.

I am afraid the next step is to do a restore. As long as you can connecto to iTunes on your PC and do a backup, this should put everything back the way it is now (but hopefully with the WiFi issue fixed) after restoring it. Other than that, I am out of ideas!

OP
H

Hedonist222

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The last time I backed up my iPad was about 2 weeks ago.

So do you mean I should hard reset (i.e restore to manufacturer settings) then restore the back up i created 2 weeks ago?

Will I loose my jailbreak? I jailbroke to be able to multi task and use sbsettings. I have paid for all my apps.

thanks!

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well that's a whole different story. My iPad is not jailbroken so I have no way of telling you what will be saved and what will be lost if you restore. You may want to wait until someone else with more jailbreaking experience comes in with an answer. Sorry.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry it took so long to respond. You will be given the option to start as a new device or restore from the backup.

Most reactions

Latest posts