What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

no wi fi on IPad 2

jmmitler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, I am new to this forum. Have the same problem.My WIFI stopped working on my IPad 2 but my computer works with the same internet connection. When trying to connect to Safari or email, message is "connection to server failed". I also have Time Warner cable and a Cisco wireless router. Have rebooted IPad. Anyone has the answer how to fix it? Thanks much.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello jmmilter - welcome to the forum! :)

Let's start w/ some simple suggestions and if these do not correct your problem then please post back to this thread.

1. Power recycle your modem & router (assume that you have both) - i.e. turn off (or pull the power supplies to those devices), then plug in the modem first followed by the router - give the iPad a try.

2. If not already done, re-start your iPad (i.e. press the on-off button, top right, until the slider switch appears, turn off the device and then on again w/ the same switch - basically re-booting a computer).

3. Re-set the iPad - hold the power & home button at the same time until the device shuts down (may take a while); then press the power button, the Apple logo will appear and the device will then start up again.

Again, if none of this works, let us hear from you again - good luck!

HansO

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Came across the forum while searching for a solution to the WiFi-is-off problem. Suggestion nr 3 (the good old microsoft method) did the trick! Thanks. HansO

Thantzinoo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a problem which is no wifi and unavailable Bluetooth on my iPad2 after installing app on wifi.That app installing process is firstly ‘ install provision ',secondly ‘install app',then I find no wifi on my iPad2. So I try again and again doing reboot,finally I upgrade iOS 5.1.1. But it also not OK. Plz help me something OK.

fulip

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are a thread on apple discussion forum discussing just the exact problem as you do. And seems so far there are more than 1000 people have the same problem like you just on a single thread at apple discussion forum.
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2780293?start=900&tstart=0

Me myself, fix it by creating new wifi setup on my pc, i dont do anything else.
Others get the fix by other methods. But trust me. Its not because of your ipad.

Because if you go to your neighbor's wifi, i believe you will be able to connect

Most reactions