What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No way to go back in ipad?

Missmouse3

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm wondering if there is anyway to go back when viewing something in ipad? if I go to App Store & view an app but decide not to download it, is there no way to simply returning to the previous page I was in- such as google? Or do I always just have to click the home button to shut everything down & then go back into google?
seems a long convoluted way to do things that can be done in an instant when using a PC!

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You can also do a four finger swipe sideways across the screen to switch between open apps, so if, for example, an email opens a website, you can swipe back to the Mail app without touching the home button.

OP
M

Missmouse3

iPF Novice
Reaction score
LOL! yeh I do ask a lot of questions ( most of which are probably so simple to you guys - & others which seem to ofend - sorry about those!) Ive just got this thing & its a steep learning curve for someone who has used a pc for last 20 years!
BTW Thanks for all the help so far!

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
LOL! yeh I do ask a lot of questions ( most of which are probably so simple to you guys - & others which seem to ofend - sorry about those!) Ive just got this thing & its a steep learning curve for someone who has used a pc for last 20 years!

Everybody has been in your shoes in terms of learning...

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

Haha. Wait until I get my iMac. The Mac forums are going to wonder what has hit them with the dumb questions I will no doubt come up with. In the meantime, as The Rambler says, just keep firing the questions at us. If we know the answers that's great, and if we have to research, then we learn something too.

Most reactions