What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No Video on AirPlay - WiFi Router?

RAC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I only seem to get the option for audio with AirPlay, no video. Could that be because my WiFi router is WiFi 11g? Do I need to upgrade to 11n?

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What exactly are you trying to do? There are some limitations, but it is probably not your network.

OP
R

RAC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What exactly are you trying to do? There are some limitations, but it is probably not your network.
I am playing video content but only get sound when I stream to AirPlay. The question is whether this is a limitation of the app I am using or a network issue. When I choose AirPlay the speaker icon (not TV) is visible. The app in question is ABC iView, which has just been released, but the problem seems to be general, I don't think that I has yet seen video on AirPlay.

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I spent some time researching this. Yes, what you say is correct: You can't stream from third party apps, only the native video app and you tube can stream video.

To be honest, I don't have an Apple TV yet because I'm waiting to see what it brings me. That being said, I think Apple just ran out of time to make their November deadline, and it wasn't intentional.

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Oh, by the way, the discussion I found was on Apple's support forums.

Lots of ranting: Apple - Support - Discussions - Why the Airplay limitations? ...

Edit: And apparently a response from Steve Jobs:
attachment.php

Attachments

• 124711-jobs_airplay_email_500-642x289.jpg
    124711-jobs_airplay_email_500-642x289.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 2,172
Last edited:
OP
R

RAC

iPF Novice
Reaction score