What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No unlock noise with iPad 2 Smart Cover

bdude52

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have just recently purchased a Belkin Cinema Folio for my iPad 2. It has "AutoWake" magnets, and they do work, but my iPad only makes a noise when i close the cover, not when i open it. Is this normal? is there any way I can change this so it makes a noise on open and close?

Thanks,
Nathan

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It is normal to have a noise when you close the cover (read: put the iPad to sleep) but no noise when you wake it up. At least that's how my iPad3 works. I've never gotten the unlock noise when opening the cover (the one you hear if you use the button).

Hope this reassures.

Marilyn

Last edited:
OP
B

bdude52

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
It is normal to have a noise when you close the cover (read: put the iPad to sleep) but no noise when you wake it up. At least that's how my iPad3 works. I've never gotten the unlock noise when opening the cover (the one you hear if you use the button).

Hope this reassures.

Marilyn

Thanks Marilyn,

Is there any way to turn this sound on? Because it would be helpful to know if it unlocks while I'm holding it

Nathan

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Not as far as I can find. I, too, find the cover slides when I'm holding the iPad. But, the only way I know that is when I hear the lock sound as the cover slides yet again (and it locks).

Sorry, but I think it's the design by Apple.

Marilyn

OP
B

bdude52

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
Not as far as I can find. I, too, find the cover slides when I'm holding the iPad. But, the only way I know that is when I hear the lock sound as the cover slides yet again (and it locks).

Sorry, but I think it's the design by Apple.

Marilyn

Oh ok,

Thanks anyway, it's kinda annoying, and probably should be fixed by apple

Nathan

Most reactions

Latest posts