What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No turning ability.

bjegran

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know quite how to state my problem but I can no longer turn my Ipad2 to where it will be right side up. When I am looking at the screen it will not automatically adjust to the way I am holding it. Is there something I can change in my settings?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes - look at the rotation lock - it can either be the hard switch by the volume control or the soft switch in the multi-task bar (double press the Home button, then flick the screen to the right, the switch might be the one on the far left hand side. Whether it's the hard or soft switch is decided by your configuration in 'Settings'.)

This is almost certainly the problem that you have but, if not, get back in touch and we'll suggest some more things...

Tim

OP
B

bjegran

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you have the rotation lock enabled?

Sent from The Droid... The one you were looking for...

When I click on "Settings", one of the options is "Use side switch to: lock rotation". I cannot find anything else that mentions the rotation of my Ipad2. Please tell me step by step how to enable the rotation.

OP
B

bjegran

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes - look at the rotation lock - it can either be the hard switch by the volume control or the soft switch in the multi-task bar (double press the Home button, then flick the screen to the right, the switch might be the one on the far left hand side. Whether it's the hard or soft switch is decided by your configuration in 'Settings'.)

This is almost certainly the problem that you have but, if not, get back in touch and we'll suggest some more things...

Tim

What is the soft switch in the multi-task bar?? When I double click the home button and flick to the right, all my icons are shown. There is no rotation button.

chevyguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You may have accidentally moved the switch itself to the lock rotation position. It's the little black switch by the volume adjustment, move it towards the outside of your IPad to unlock the rotation. Hopefully that's all it is?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If the iPad is rotation locked there should be a small icon of a lock inside an arrow-circle; at the top right of the status bar.

Most reactions