1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

No speaket sound

Discussion in 'iPad 4 Forum' started by xelle14, Sep 24, 2013.

1. xelle14

xelle14 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Eversince I updated to ios6, lost the speaker sound.. The only sound that has been working is the headphone... I thought that upgrading to ios7 will resolve this issue but no change... Any idea how to restore the speaker on ipad4
  2. abababababab

abababababab iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +526 / 0
    Just check that the sound is enabled from here - settings > sounds > ringer and alerts. The first bar, which is half in blue in the pic below should be more than half or at such a level that you can hear.

image.jpg
  3. xelle14

xelle14 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for responding... Tried that... Still not working :((
  4. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,681 / 0
    How do you have your side switch settings? I make the assumption the black button on the side does not turn on/off the sound?

So, maybe you've got it set so that button controls rotation and you have accidentally turned mute on. To check, first, go to the General tab in your Settings app and look to see which line you have checked under "Use Side Switch To." See this for where I mean:

[​IMG]

If you have the check mark as I have, take a look at the icon in the Control Center where the arrow is pointing. If that icon is gray, as in my picture, my iPad makes sound. If it's white, the iPad has been muted.

So, check there to make sure you haven't accidentally muted it while "playing" with iOS 7's new Control Center....

Marilyn
  5. TheSagittarius

TheSagittarius iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20 / 0
    Are you sure it is not a problem with the speaker?