What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No speaket sound

xelle14

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Eversince I updated to ios6, lost the speaker sound.. The only sound that has been working is the headphone... I thought that upgrading to ios7 will resolve this issue but no change... Any idea how to restore the speaker on ipad4

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Eversince I updated to ios6, lost the speaker sound.. The only sound that has been working is the headphone... I thought that upgrading to ios7 will resolve this issue but no change... Any idea how to restore the speaker on ipad4

Just check that the sound is enabled from here - settings > sounds > ringer and alerts. The first bar, which is half in blue in the pic below should be more than half or at such a level that you can hear.

image.jpg

OP
X

xelle14

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for responding... Tried that... Still not working :((

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
How do you have your side switch settings? I make the assumption the black button on the side does not turn on/off the sound?

So, maybe you've got it set so that button controls rotation and you have accidentally turned mute on. To check, first, go to the General tab in your Settings app and look to see which line you have checked under "Use Side Switch To." See this for where I mean:

e6uhu2y8.jpg

If you have the check mark as I have, take a look at the icon in the Control Center where the arrow is pointing. If that icon is gray, as in my picture, my iPad makes sound. If it's white, the iPad has been muted.

So, check there to make sure you haven't accidentally muted it while "playing" with iOS 7's new Control Center....

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts