What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NO SPACE IN IPAD3 IOS8

gautamyadla

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After upgrading to iOS 8 i am facing with low storage issues eventhough i do not have many apps. On checking GENERAL> USAGE
Used 10.8GB
Available 1.4GB
Manage storage : 4.8GB
I added up the individual apps in manage storage and totaled up to 4.8 GB
In reality this should be equal to total used right but its no where close
I am using 16GB ipad3 WiFi only... Please help

Last edited:

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
In General - Usage, you find now:
Storage, which is the available space on your iPad. In Manage Storage you'll see the apps and their usage, but no sum. Here, you'll find what's actually available on your iPad. (Storage - Available)

And then there's iCloud, which was under Settings - iCloud - Storage & Backup before. What you can see here, is what is used for iCloud/backups. Manage Storage will show how much iCloud storage is still "free", and what is used.

Where exactly did you look at "Manage Storage"?

Last edited:
OP
G

gautamyadla

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Storage, which is the available space on your iPad. In Manage Storage you'll see the apps and their usage, but no sum. Here, you'll find what's actually available on your iPad. (Storage - Available)

And then there's iCloud, which was under Settings - iCloud - Storage & Backup before. What you can see here, is what is used for iCloud/backups. Manage Storage will show how much iCloud storage is still "free", and what is used.

Just storage not icloud

OP
G

gautamyadla

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Sum I got by adding up individual app usage

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
That's quite a difference!

Do you have the possibility to connect your iPad to a computer and take a look at the storage there? I wonder if the difference is taken by "Other".

Which way did you update your iPad? Over the air (using Wi-Fi only), or using iTunes?

OP
G

gautamyadla

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's quite a difference!

Do you have the possibility to connect your iPad to a computer and take a look at the storage there? I wonder if the difference is taken by "Other".

Which way did you update your iPad? Over the air (using Wi-Fi only), or using iTunes?
Through Wi-Fi

OP
G

gautamyadla

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Think that was the issue... I will backup and restore through iTunes

OP
G

gautamyadla

iPF Noob
Reaction score
But I still fell iOS 8 has used up a bit more space than the previous os

OP
G

gautamyadla

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Other contains Safari Reading List, history, emails and email attachments, data from apps on your iPad, ...
Ok thanks for your help.. I'll try restoring with my PC n let u guys know

Most reactions

Latest posts