What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No sounds when using keyboard

Rhinocharge1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please can you tell me why I have no sound effects anymore? For example, I have nothing when clicking the keyboard or plugging in for charging. I can play music and video ok. My sound settings seem ok.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Fid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Did you check the settings app? In there is a set of options for key clicks and other stuff.
Touch Settings, then General, then Sounds. You can check to see if Keyboard Clicks is turned off.

Sent from my iPad using iPF - Peace

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the Forum!

With regards to your issue, you haven't inadvertently muted your iPad? It's the small slide above your volume control also bring up your multi task bar by doing the 4 finger swipe up or double press the home button, swipe to the right and you will see a volume control here. Let us know how you go.

The IPad Forum is a community of members from all walks of life and from all over the world coming together to share our experiences and to help each other learn about this wonderful piece of technology the Ipad. There is a wealth of information already here in the many threads we have so doing some searches will answer most of the questions you have. If then you cannot find the answer you are seeking then by all means post your question. There are many friendly and informed members here only too willing to help you.

We also have our own App - It is a very simple app to navigate.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/discussion-forum-for-ipad/id412896524?mt=8
Reading the IPad manual is a great place to start so please download a copy of these.
http://www.support.apple.com/manuals/ipad/
A very informative thread from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the IPad.
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
We have rules like any Community so please read these also
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rul...um-rules-everybody-please-read.html#post14697

Once again we welcome you here and are so pleased you have joined us!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Julieeks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi. My mute is nt on and my settings all indicate that sound, including keyboard clicks is on. Any other thoughts?

Chrisis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same problem here. I have already checked all the other material available online and done all thinkable combinations with the slide-key, volume control buttons, mute, blah, blah etc. no luck. The sound is dead. I also attach a couple of screen captures for anyone to see that all I get is a blank sound effects indicator when I press the volume control. Also, the volume control on the slide screen is also non-available. Anyone from apple knows a remedy?

Attachments

• image-2298719938.jpg
    image-2298719938.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 569
  • image-2872529394.jpg
    image-2872529394.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 480

samcritch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi. I had the same problem on my unit from new, all I did was a complete reset which cured the problem. Hope this helps in some way

Chrisis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tried that. Still not working... I don't know if it's a software or hardware problem. I have not dropped or banged it. And sometimes - out of the blue - sounds seem to be working. At the moment my poor iPad is mute...

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you been using a Bluetooth keyboard at all? If so, had you muted sound on this keyboard? Another thought, the slider switch above the volume control slide can also be set to Lock Rotation in Settings, have you changed this control? Have a look what you have it set on in Settings - General - Set Side Switch to. If you have fooled around with this setting a certain way, this can also mute the sound. Just some thoughts here.

Chrisis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Still no luck. Although it might has something to do with the smart cover... Sometimes, it just works. It is probably a software update issue. I just hope that someone in apple is reading this...

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a privately owned Forum and as such has no connection with Apple. So you have tried a restart and reset and they haven't worked either? I'm hoping someone else will have an idea here.

drmoyers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am having the very same problem...no sounds on my keyboard or alert dings or anything like that. I've checked my settings and everything is A OK....but still no sound.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There are reported problems just give it time to be resolved it could be a software upgrade bug. It does not appear to effect all users whom down load the update.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
drmoyers said:
I am having the very same problem...no sounds on my keyboard or alert dings or anything like that. I've checked my settings and everything is A OK....but still no sound.

Have a look in Settings - General - Sounds. Make sure your lock sounds and keyboard clicks are turned on here

Rose ab

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there I'm new here. I just regestered here to try helping you.
I also had the same problem. It was in the multitask bar.
Double clik the home button. Slid ti left. You will find (/) on the sound icon. Just clik on it and i hope it works with you.

Most reactions

Latest posts