What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

no sounds in videos

allanrube

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.nebirds.com
On my iPad 2 I hear notification sounds fine but when I play a video, say from youtube, Sports Illustrated, I do not hear the sound. I just see the video.

Why?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Ok, that's the opposite of the usual problem. Usually it's the system sounds that are gone (Mute activated) but everything else works. Hmmm...

In Settings > General > Sounds you'll find a switch that causes the Ringer and Alert sounds to change, or not change, with the volume switches. If it is turned off it is possible to have the Alert sounds loud, even when you've turned downt the volume for the rest of the iPad.

Since I'm sure you tried turning up the volume with the volume rocker, this probably won't help. But go ahead and check it out anyway.

And if that doesn't do the trick, try a restart. That will fix many an unexplained glitch.

Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears.

OP
allanrube

allanrube

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.nebirds.com
I did a restart and that solved the problem. Seems so simple as I often do restarts to solve sluggish Mac problems.
Thanks.

Most reactions

Latest posts