What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No sound on children's apps

etop

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I passed my iPad 2 to my toddler son who happens to be a whizz kid with electronic devices. I closed it off the iCloud, modified some settings and purchased many children's learning and entertainment apps. However, I discovered many of them do not produce sound, whereas you tube videos produce sound. These same apps produce sound on my iPad 3 and iPhone 4, so it's quite frustrating for everyone. Can anyone help?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but I have to be the one that asks the stupid/obvious question: Did you check the volume or mute settings on the iPad2 to make sure the volume's up or the iPad is not muted? Because I can't think of any other reason why the apps would work on the 3 but not on the 2...

Other than that, I've got nothing. Sorry. Hopefully, someone else will be along to offer more assistance.

Marilyn

P.S. I've deleted a duplicate post you made about this issue. Having more than one thread running per topic causes fragmentation and confusion. And - it's against the rules. Please keep updates and follow-ups on this topic to this thread. Thanks.

OP
E

etop

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
I'm sorry, but I have to be the one that asks the stupid/obvious question: Did you check the volume or mute settings on the iPad2 to make sure the volume's up or the iPad is not muted? Because I can't think of any other reason why the apps would work on the 3 but not on the 2...

Other than that, I've got nothing. Sorry. Hopefully, someone else will be along to offer more assistance.

I did all that. I also reset settings, then restored from ICloud. The apps behave normally for a while, then the same thing happens all over again. I've reset twice already.

Most reactions

Latest posts