What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No sound from speakers on ioad3 after removing earbuds?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Insert them once more and remove them again. Do this a few times. Maybe your device doesn't recognize that you unplugged them.

Other option: clean the port, use a vacuum cleaner. Do this very cautiously.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hats the solution for this?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Hi Meenie, check some buttons as they may have accidentally shifted.
1) Slide up from the bottom edge to reveal the sound slider in the control panel. Slide it to full on.
2) Move the sound rocker switch on the side of the iPad to full on sound.
3) Next to that sound switch is a little button. If you see a red dot there your iPad is set to Mute. Slide it off.
4) Close all your running apps still in cache by double pressing the On button and then sliding the apps up and off the screen.
5) And (whenever your iPad seems to "act up" a bit its always a good idea to reset it:
Simultaneously hold down the On/Off and Home buttons until the screen blacks out. Keep holding both until the white Apple logo appears and then let both go. Then wait until your wallpaper appears. Restart your iPad.
Hoping that helps:)
Andrew

Sent from OZ using Tapatalk

OP
Meenie

Meenie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Andrew - the answer was #1, I had no idea there was a volume controller in the control panel! How crazy is that?! If the sound controller on the side of tge ipad is on (and it shows you on the ipad when you move it up that the sound is on!!) why should you have to go to control panel and move another sound control? I wonder how many people have gone to the apple store to get their ipad "fixed" because of this?

Hi Meenie, check some buttons as they may have accidentally shifted. 1) Slide up from the bottom edge to reveal the sound slider in the control panel. Slide it to full on. 2) Move the sound rocker switch on the side of the iPad to full on sound. 3) Next to that sound switch is a little button. If you see a red dot there your iPad is set to Mute. Slide it off. 4) Close all your running apps still in cache by double pressing the On button and then sliding the apps up and off the screen. 5) And (whenever your iPad seems to "act up" a bit its always a good idea to reset it: Simultaneously hold down the On/Off and Home buttons until the screen blacks out. Keep holding both until the white Apple logo appears and then let both go. Then wait until your wallpaper appears. Restart your iPad. Hoping that helps:) Andrew Sent from OZ using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPad using iPF

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Great that it worked out for you Meenie and thank you for coming back to confirm.
All those sound controls? I suppose it could be argued that when Apple builds those iPads they work on the basis of "if a job is worth doing it's worth doing well" lol.
Andrew

Sent from OZ using Tapatalk

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Also, the iPad is smart enough to remember the volume level for headphones out and in as two different levels (and the ear buds I believe as a separate third level). If you turned the volume all the way down with the buds/phones out when you put them back in the volume will be back where it was when you had them in last. You forget the volume was down on speaker then can't figure why the head phones work and the speaker doesn't.

Most reactions