What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No sound from games

Stillorganboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have lost the sound on games and keyboard clicks but can here music and videos when I'm playing them ? Any ideas. I have synced with iTunes but still the same

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like you have inadvertently enabled mute (which does not mute all sounds by the way!). If you ever lose some sounds, but not all sounds, it is a great indicator that you put "mute" ON! :)

Check that you did not slide the mute switch on the side of the iPad. Many folks do this without noticing.

If however you have the side switch set to lock rotation, then you can unmute as follows:
Double click the home button to bring up the task switcher, swipe the apps to the right to reveal the media bar, on the left hand side is an icon for mute. Press it to un-mute your iPad.

Hopefully with one of these, you have your sounds back!

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts