What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NO SIM Help Please

dsisto

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been using my iPad 2 for about seven months, with no real problem.
The other day, I closed the case and came back a few hours later and suddenly had no
internet 3G access. My ATT account is current. After a few checks, in settings I noticed the
cell line was pale and had the words "no SIM" next to it. I couldn't click on it.
THe iPad didn't fall or get banged. It just says no SIM. The wifi is working fine but
not the 3G. I restarted it to no avail a couple of times. So, I have to admit I don't even
know what a SIM is or why I suddenly don't have it but I sure miss the 3G aspect of my iPad.
Can anyone help"?
thanks in advance for any thoughts.

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
The SIM card is what lets you connect to your 3G service. Hold your iPad with the HOME button at the bottom. On the left side is a narrow pop-out slot. Has a little hole in it.

Your iPad came with a key.....
image-1597745532.png
Use it to open the SIM slot. Take out the SIM card and re-seat it, close and see if you get connectivity. If you don't the SIM could be baked. They're mass produced and some are duds.

Good luck.

AA

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sometimes SIM cards go bad. If that's the case with yours, your carrier should replace it for free.

Most reactions

Latest posts