1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

No search in mail body

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by ragoetze, Oct 23, 2011.

1. ragoetze

ragoetze iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi,

after updating my iPad 2 to IOS 5 I tried the new mail features. Thereby I have noticed that search in mail bodies does not work. I have tried with Exchange, POP3 and iCloud accounts without success. When choosing the all option search is done in the sender, recipient and subject field as with IOS 4.3.5, but the mail body is not included?

Has anyone an idea about the reason for this failure?
  2. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,985 / 1
    According to the manual, the body text search is only available in the Mail app, and within whatever folder you are currently viewing. Depending on your account type the Mail app may search on the server, or be limited to mail that is currently loaded on the iPad. I assume iCloud searches the server.

The Spotlight (Home Page) will only search the To, From, and Subject fields; but I believe it searches all folder; but probably only emails that are downloaded on the iPad.

When you start typing in the Search bar in Mail you have to choose the field you are searching in. It will only search the body of the email if you choose All. The option appears to be sticky, so you shouldn't have to select it each time.
    • Like Like x 1