What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No red eye removal apps???

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How is there nothing that can remove red eyes? The few actual apps called red eye removal are JUNK and someone said that Photo FX Ultra has a preset, but I used it and all it does is throw some disgusting gray splotches over the eyes which looks even more ridiculous than the red eyes.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you're on iOS 5.0 or 5.0.1, is red-eye editing not working for you in the native photo app?

(Open photo, hit Edit and click on red-eye feature.)

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
lol seriously? What a junk job that does. It's essentially like selecting a black brush and splotching the eyes. It looks horrendous.

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I highly suggest trying it just to show you what it does. Doesn't matter if you have red eye photos or not because it just tosses a black blob on the eye (it doesn't even detect the iris so the black blobs I have even bleed into the eyelid). What a joke.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried it, but it said it detected no red eyes to fix, so nothing happened.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Photogene has good reviews and a red eye feature. You might want to check it. I've not used it.

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Better than the others but still pretty terrible. I wonder why all the iPad apps suck so bad at it. I ended up using Photoshop on my MacBook Air

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No idea. I've been using iPhone 4 and 4S for thousands of photos and haven't had red eyes to deal with yet. I rarely ever turn on flash, so that's probably why. The cameras seem to work well without flash in even crummy lighting. I'm not saying I'm some kind of photo expert; that's just been my experience on the devices.

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The photo wasn't taken with an iPhone. I pulled it off a tagged Facebook photo and edited it.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, I didn't mean your photos. I'm just saying I've not had to deal with photo probs on iPad, because my photos are turning out well on iPhone.

When I do want to edit, I use whatever's on my Windows laptop. I don't even remember the name of it.

Most reactions

Latest posts