What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No "purchased apps" tab (cloud) showing

vbriggs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am confused. I have read a lot about the beta icloud being released and so now there is supposed to be an option for "purchased items" in the app store on my advices. I don't have that tab on either my iPad 1 or my iPhone 3G. I went into settings on both devices and the iPad says it is set up. The iPhone has a blurb about what enabling it will do, but the are no buttons to enable or disable it. I have the most recent iTunes on my desktop, and the most recent iOS on both devices. Even if I make an app purchase, and am prompted to out my password in, so am definitely logged in, I do not have a purchased apps option anywhere in app store. I synced all devices with itunes tonight, and cycled the power on them, but nothing. Any ideas??

OP
V

vbriggs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't want to see my purchase history, I want the icloud thing that everything says is supposed to be on the iPad to work.

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The purchased tab is in iTunes on the iPad. It is somewhat limited right now to music and tv shows. On your computer you should have more options.

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
Just to point out you won't get it on your iphone 3g, its only 3gs and above that show the tab. You should get it on your ipad tho.

OP
V

vbriggs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
no iCloud

The purchased tab is in iTunes on the iPad. It is somewhat limited right now to music and tv shows. On your computer you should have more options.

that's the problem. It's not there. It's not in iTunes on my iPad, and it's not under "updates" in the App Store as it's supposed to be.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score

that's the problem. It's not there. It's not in iTunes on my iPad, and it's not under "updates" in the App Store as it's supposed to be.

Has Apple said that it's gone out to everyone at this stage? Maybe beta has gone out only to some users.

Mine has been working for a long time, but it just showed up one day, without my having done any upgrading or turning anything on. Under apps, there's a tab that lets me see purchased apps. Under iTunes, there's a tab that lets me see purchased songs and TV shows. I think it's goofy, though, because I've only ever bought one album from iTunes, and it's showing me two separate songs I never bought, in addition to my purchased album.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't want to see my purchase history, I want the icloud thing that everything says is supposed to be on the iPad to work.

However, iCloud is not officially out, yet. So, some may have the functions, while some may not.

My understanding, from watching the key note address, is that iCloud is more for iOS 5 and the iTunes that'll be updated with that.

IOW, hang in there! It's coming ... I'm sure.

Marilyn

gnrbeaumont

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am confused. I have read a lot about the beta icloud being released and so now there is supposed to be an option for "purchased items" in the app store on my advices. I don't have that tab on either my iPad 1 or my iPhone 3G. I went into settings on both devices and the iPad says it is set up. The iPhone has a blurb about what enabling it will do, but the are no buttons to enable or disable it. I have the most recent iTunes on my desktop, and the most recent iOS on both devices. Even if I make an app purchase, and am prompted to out my password in, so am definitely logged in, I do not have a purchased apps option anywhere in app store. I synced all devices with itunes tonight, and cycled the power on them, but nothing. Any ideas??

On my iPad iTunes app, there is a menu along the bottom with grey against black icons from "Music" to "downloads." "Purchased" is next to last.

When you press "Purchased" your Library appears. Then at the top is anotherribbon with two toggles/ The far left should be "View: Music". The next is in the middle and gives you a choice of seeing "All/Noto on this ipad." Select latter.

OP
V

vbriggs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Uh, yeah... I know... That's the problem. Everyone has that but I don't. Do you have a suggestion as to why?

Most reactions