No photo stream after IOS 8

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Kursac, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Kursac

Kursac
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I lost my photo stream and my album only has recent photos. It's no longer compatable with iPhoto. Anybody know what happend, it's really messed up my iPad and my iPhone 5

2. J. A.

J. A.
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    In the Photos app, you have the Photos tab with Years, Collections and Moments views. Every picture that was on your iPad before the update to iOS 8 should still be there.

Then there's the Album tab. Here, you'll find Recently Added - images you added the last 30 days; Recently Deleted - pictures you removed the last 30 days, Hidden, in case you hide pictures in the Photos tab, Favorites, if you favorite a picture.

iPhoto can't be used any more on iDevices.

3. Diane B

Diane B
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    And I have read rumors that an album very similar to what we have known as Camera Roll is coming back in IOS 8.1 due late in October most likely. Can't remember what they plan to title it in albums but I will prefer it to the new "recently added" album which only shows a very limited amount of photos, something like 30 days worth. I understand you will have to choose it in Icloud Photos--which is something new too,

4. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    The first beta version of iOS 8.1 has included the Camera Roll as an option. This being a beta release, it's entirely possible that the feature will not make it to the public release of iOS 8.1. Here's a screenshot of how it appears on my iPad. image.jpg

5. Kursac

Kursac
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I have just about had it with Apple, they ruined the entire photo experience. It was the 1 thing they did well and they destroyed it. I can't access any of my photos from my phone from my iPad without moving the 1 at a time to an album so I can post to Facebook or anywhere else. I might as well use a regular camera and upload photos to a PC so I can use them in email. I use my iPhone and iPad at work to deal with damages and now I have to do everything from my iPhone because the photos no longer move to the iPad. What a mess they did with this, I'm about ready to bail on the entire Apple experience. They really ruined a good thing, I'm furiouse and loosing my love for Apple

6. J. A.

J. A.
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    If you enable PhotoStream on both devices, they will sync. If the pictures are on your iDevice less than 30 days, you can find them in Recently Added in the Albums tab.

If they are not there, you will find them in the Photos tab in the Photos app.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List