What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No OTA update for beta users?

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So I'm a beta user, currently have the GM version of ios 6, and I'm at school D: I managed to update my phone from ios 5 to 6, woohoo! But it seems like I can't do ota update with my beta iPad. Just wondering is this a known problem, or maybe the servers are just being bombarded and it's not showing up? Though on my iPad update page does say ios 6.0 and that's it's up to date.

Am I stuck with going home, connecting it to iTunes, and do a full restore and update?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes. Beta IOS will OTA to new beta versions, but it does not OTA to the pubic release. It will simply say "Your software is up to date".

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
If you have the GM release then you are up to date, thats the same release that was let out in to the wild today. As a developer you just had access to it last week.

Most reactions

Latest posts