No option to password individual apps?

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by ipad987, Nov 8, 2014.

1. ipad987

ipad987
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Say you have financially sensitive apps that you would like individually passworded, is there an option to do this other than password on the device login itself?

2. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Unless the app in question has its own password feature built in, it's impossible to add it. In that case, the only option would be to set a password for the ipad itself and not let others discover it.

3. ipad987

ipad987
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    The apps themselves require own passwords to log in, I just wanted to password these apps so they won't be at risk of being deleted. I have some younger family members using the tablet and there is always a chance the apps could be deleted accidentally (happened once before) in which case it requires resetting the app with various pieces of information that are not always at hand and may actually require calling the company to resend information by post. It's just hassle I would prefer avoiding. You would think this is something of a no-brainier which Apple would update into the IOS.

4. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    You can prevent apps from being deleted. Go to Settings>General>Restrictions>Deleting Apps and make sure that the switch is set to off. This way, someone without your restrictions password wil not be able to delete any apps. This should be just what you need. image.jpg

5. ipad987

ipad987
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Of course. This never crossed my mind. Thanks