1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

No More "Mail"

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by BMWrider, May 2, 2012.

1. BMWrider

BMWrider iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I finally got fed up with the inability to create new folders or delete obsolete/erroneous addresses in Apple Mail.
    The Mail icon has been moved to the last page and replaced by ibisMail for iPad.
    Am I wrong to believe that 3rd party apps are usually superior to some native apple apps?
    Bill
  2. Midranger4

Midranger4 iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +26 / 0
    You can create folders through any standard mail client that will then be visible to the account when opened in apple email. You cannot create them from within apple email.

I agree the apple email client leaves much to be desired but for me it is a secondary means of access and it works fine.
  3. seneca18

seneca18 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20 / 0
    I use gmail and have folder set up to where I can move emails around and such. Like Midranger said though, you cannot edit, add or delete them from the native app. I use both the native email app as well as the gmail app. Between the two of them all my needs are met.