What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No manage sources = can't get frash

Angryatcydia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have installed cydia. The main reason was to get adobe flash so I can do mathletics on the iPad with my daughter. I assumed it would be ready to go if I installed cydia. But no just all sorts of weird and wonderful useless stuff. So i google it and see that you need to go to manage sources and add repo.benm.at. But there is no manage sources on my version of cydia. Only a selection of sources to add. Driving me crazy. Does anyone know why it has to be this hard? And is there a solution. I would be grateful for any replies.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Frash is no longer supported. Flash is simply not an option for the iPad, natively - either with a stock or JB iPad. The only sensible workaround is a remote desktop app, such as Splashtop, that links the iPad to your PC or Mac and then allows you to view the Flash content on the iPad via your PC. There are numerous threads on this topic at this Forum, so have a look around at other Members' experiences and advice.

Tim

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good answer Tim.
In cydia tap on sources at the bottom, the tap "edit" in the top right. Tap "add" in the top left. Type the URL in the box that appears.
But Tim is right. Frash is no longer supported.

OP
A

Angryatcydia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. But what do you mean "it is no longer supported". Obviously it has never been and never will be supported by apple. So who is letting the side down?

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Angryatcydia said:
Thanks for the replies. But what do you mean "it is no longer supported". Obviously it has never been and never will be supported by apple. So who is letting the side down?

Frash is jb alternative for installing flash which is "no longer supported" by the developer,cocoanutz I think, who created it and uploaded to cydia....not apple.

I have installed cydia. The main reason was to get adobe flash so I can do mathletics on the iPad with my daughter. I assumed it would be ready to go if I installed cydia. But no just all sorts of weird and wonderful useless stuff. So i google it and see that you need to go to manage sources and add repo.benm.at. But there is no manage sources on my version of cydia. Only a selection of sources to add. Driving me crazy. Does anyone know why it has to be this hard? And is there a solution. I would be grateful for any replies.

There are many mathematics apps in the apps store that don't require flash....

Perhaps the flash game that you and your daughter enjoy has been ported over to ios apps as many have been and many continue to do so.

Last edited:

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We mean no longer supported by this:
The developer hasn't updated it in over a year. It will not work on any version above like 3.0.0

Most reactions

Latest posts