What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

no luck trying to get tapatalk

I

islandman

Last edited by a moderator:

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The iTunes Store is down right now. You can't download or purchase apps, music, ... Apple is trying to fix this.

OP
I

islandman

How did you know it was down? Meanwhile, having seen several of you had updated, I wondered what that was all about, so looked at settings, and although I'd gone to version 8.1.3 two days go, 8.2 was ready, so I've done that.

BUT, when I did the other upgrade, I had to do reset as well, it didn't tell me to, one of you did, so do I have to reset today

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
iOS can be upgraded right now because it's not connected with the iTunes Store or the App Store.

I first.heard about it here at iPad Forums, I then checked out the link I gave you.

Last edited:
OP
I

islandman

Apple has a system status page for every country. Here's the link to the UK site:
https://www.apple.com/uk/support/systemstatus/

If you think of resetting by pressing and holding Home and Power button until you see the Apple logo, ... then you should do this after updating.

Hi, it's not a case of thinking about doing it, it's a case of should I? or is it a requirement that it is done after updating?.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You should do it, although Apple does not require it. Resetting could remove glitches you would experience otherwise.

OP
I

islandman

You should do it, although Apple does not require it. Resetting could remove glitches you would experience otherwise.
Ok, I will, but tomorrow. I didn't realise it was getting late, been writing to local paper (again), so must pack up now and look in again in a few hours. thanks for help

OP
I

islandman

You're welcome.

I got tapatalk late last night. I proceeded to join and used a new set of details, I think it said I would be known as that on tapatalk which is where I stopped. Ideally if I keep it, I'd like to be knows as I am , islandman. On trying to join when I used that name, it said the name was already in use. Unsure if I should dispose of tapatalk then try to join again,

Last edited by a moderator:

rasmith1959

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I got tapatalk late last night. I proceeded to join and used a new set of details, I think it said I would be known as that on tapatalk which is where I stopped. Ideally if I keep it, I'd like to be knows as I am , islandman. On trying to join when I used that name, it said the name was already in use. Unsure if I should dispose of tapatalk then try to join again,

Sounds like you're trying to join this forum using Tapatalk, you don't need to do this since you're already a member. Instead you just need to login using your member ID and password that you use to login on your browser.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

OP
I

islandman

Yes, I bet you're right. When I finished something I will try again, thanks

OP
I

islandman

Yes, I bet you're right. When I finished something I will try again, thanks

I'm having a bit of an issue trying to get back in.

Clearly when I tried to access last night, I thought I had to have a completely new ID to get in and din't want a new one. So I left it. This morning I removed tapatalk but after reading your post, installed it again.

The problem is, because I entered last night (the proof was that I was offered lots of forums to join but didn't), today it wants me to log in using yesterdays ID etc and I am unsure what it was. After a few attempts, it told me to wait ten minutes.

I have several email addresses, so could start from scratch I suppose. Am I right in thinking that once I've establish access by joining tapatalk, the ipad forum will be there and I will be able to log in/out as I would using my laptop or ipad.

PS, and on the tapatalk home page, it says log in with facebook/google+ or email. which should I use

Most reactions

Latest posts