What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No location on iPad?

Bella61065

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just bought iPad 2 with wifi only. I have been reading on here that you cannot get a location. How or what can I use to have my iPad act as a gps?

Thanks
DonnaMarie

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Bella61065 said:
I just bought iPad 2 with wifi only. I have been reading on here that you cannot get a location. How or what can I use to have my iPad act as a gps?

Thanks
DonnaMarie

For gps you need to have 3G.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are aftermarket add ons such as the device made by bad elf which will provide you with gps functions. If you search on here for "bad elf" you should find answers with other gps accessories for your iPad.

The Archangel

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Actually, the forum search engine considers 'bad' and 'elf' to short to be used as search terms, and the combination of 'badelf' only turns up two not too helpful threads. "bad elf" gets no results at all, which tells me the search engine is dumb enough to be searching for the quotation marks as well.

I rean into this a while back when I got curious about it myself.

@OP, you will have better luck (sorry) doing a Google search for 'bad elf gps for iPad', or just 'gps solutions for ipad', and similar searches. The knowledge is here, it's just hiding from the search engine.

If you want results from the iPadForums.net, there is a really cool trick you can do.

Search for bad elf gps in Google. When you get the results click on the Advanced link near the Google search bar. At the very bottom of the options you'll a text field labeled "Search within a site or domain". Enter 'iPadForums.net' (no quotes) and click the Advanced Search button.

As long as Google has had time to scan the forum (a day at most), this works far better than the forum's search.

No insult intended to the Admins and Moderators that serve us so well. You can only work with the software you're given.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

Most reactions