What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No Ios Downgrade Since New Ios 6 release? (Help needed)

Ibzgc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ipad 3, ios 5, 5.1.1, jailbreak, help,any posts related to what I need help for. I bought an ipad 3 last week and it came with ios 5 but I want to use 5.1.1 so I could jailbreak it and could work a lot better but since the release of ios 6 its been difficult to upgrade one ios up.

I've tried to use the tinymbrella program but it doesn't seem to work, and is there anybody who can help me please

Ibz

OP
I

Ibzgc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi is this the only method to get around the 3194 error because it really doesn't seem to work on a ipad 3, or is there any other method I'm trying to get from 5.1 to 5.1.1, please help

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
HOW TO - Resolve iTunes Unknown Error 3194

Hi is this the only method to get around the 3194 error because it really doesn't seem to work on a ipad 3, or is there any other method I'm trying to get from 5.1 to 5.1.1, please help

Sorry, but at this time, it is not possible to install iOS 5.1.1 on an iPad3. Apple closed that signing window about a week ago. The only Apple-approved (read: installable) iOS you can now put on an iPad3 is iOS 6. Sorry.

Marilyn

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ibzgc said:
Ipad 3, ios 5, 5.1.1, jailbreak, help,any posts related to what I need help for. I bought an ipad 3 last week and it came with ios 5 but I want to use 5.1.1 so I could jailbreak it and could work a lot better but since the release of ios 6 its been difficult to upgrade one ios up.

I've tried to use the tinymbrella program but it doesn't seem to work, and is there anybody who can help me please

Ibz

I'm afraid that you can't upgrade to iOS 5.1.1. The only iOS that you can upgrade to under your circumstances is iOS 6.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Moderator Edit: I merged two posts together as both posts had replies.

Making more than one post not only fragments the conversation and makes it hard to follow - it's against the forum rules. Please keep any follow-ups, discussion or updates on this topic to this thread; do not start another. Thanks for your understanding.

Marilyn

P.S. And, since you talk about a jail broken iPad, I've taken the liberty of moving your post over to the Hacking section. Thanks for your understanding.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts