What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No icon for google earth

robisan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I installed google earth, but no icon appeared. I cannot access or uninstal until I get an icon. What can I do?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
robisan said:
I installed google earth, but no icon appeared. I cannot access or uninstal until I get an icon. What can I do?

Could it have ended up on another home page? If your home page is full, newly installed apps will go to the next home page.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just to make sure it's on your iPad, look for it in Spotlight Search.

Assuming it is there, if you use folders, it may have ended up inside one of them. Open them up and have a look.

If you have the Google App, you can run Google Earth by opening Google and touching Google Earth. It will run from there if its installed.

If all else fails try Settings/Reset/Reset home screen layout. That should flush out the icon.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Going to Settings>General>Usage will show you a list of all installed apps and the amount of storage memory used by each.

OP
R

robisan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
KevinJS said:
Just to make sure it's on your iPad, look for it in Spotlight Search.

Assuming it is there, if you use folders, it may have ended up inside one of them. Open them up and have a look.

If you have the Google App, you can run Google Earth by opening Google and touching Google Earth. It will run from there if its installed.

If all else fails try Settings/Reset/Reset home screen layout. That should flush out the icon.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Thanks! The settings reset worked. Back to original google earth.

Most reactions