What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No gestures, no AirPrint. I want it's 4.3 back.

Andygo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do I upgrade from the overhyped ios5 back to 4.3? As an iPad 1 user I feel 5 is a retrograde step after having gestures and AirPrint. Nothing really exciting on 5 despite what the fanboys think. I am sure lots of ipad1 users will feel the same.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Once you've upgraded to iOS5 there's no way to return to an earlier version. It's simply not possible.

What problem are you having with AirPrint?

Tim

OP
A

Andygo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wll not work with Win 7. Not really Apples fault, but still, the only 2 tweaks I have applied using ipad 1 are now defunct, although I guess there will be a way to enable gestures again eventually.

In my particular case however, I feel I would have been better off not downgrading to ios 5.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As Marie said, are you JB? AirPrint works fine so I'm not sure what the issue with Windows 7 is? How is Windows relevant to AirPrint?

Tim

b00bie

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There is a tweak out there on the web which allows you to run airprint services on your Windows PC, it will allow you to print to your network connected printers using the Apple air print option on your Pad, however since the upgrade this no longer works, I'm not a happy camper about this.This is NOT associated with jailbreaking.

BTW according to the website (jaxov) they are currently working on an update to fix this.

Last edited:

b00bie

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just looked at Fingerprint, it appears similar to what the Jaxov tweak does, but since I don't use that I can't say if has been affected by the upgrade.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts