What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No flash on Xoom, it keeps getting better

Status
Not open for further replies.

accordlayingkit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Superbike81 said:
Oh, and just like the developers for the iPad jailbreaking have done, the XDA team of "hackers" will be having a lot of fun with the Xoom.

It's already been rooted and unlocked so the devs are free to start making customizations to the interface, modifying the kernel (for things like overclocking), and so many other possibilities.

While it appears to be a less than perfect start for the Xoom, trust me, this is only the tip of the iceberg. The guys at XDA have turned otherwise crappy phones with nothing but lag and crashes into buttery smooth and stable devices with much more functionality than they had before. Give these guys a few months with the Xoom, it's going to be a whole new ball game.

What kinda cell u rocking? Droid x?

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Japanese version of the Samsung Galaxy S. It came out here in October with Android 2.2 loaded already, I've got it rooted for Wi-Fi tether, but there's not a lot of support on XDA for it as far as custom roms go since it's a Japanese market phone.

I really like it a lot, and with a few very simple apps, it is just as smooth as any iPhone out there (obviously with more frequent crashes, but it's expected), just with less battery life (something Apple always does very well). So I carry a spare battery with me in my backpack or car, which cost me all of $13, in case I ever need it.

accordlayingkit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Superbike81 said:
Japanese version of the Samsung Galaxy S. It came out here in October with Android 2.2 loaded already, I've got it rooted for Wi-Fi tether, but there's not a lot of support on XDA for it as far as custom roms go since it's a Japanese market phone.

I really like it a lot, and with a few very simple apps, it is just as smooth as any iPhone out there (obviously with more frequent crashes, but it's expected), just with less battery life (something Apple always does very well). So I carry a spare battery with me in my backpack or car, which cost me all of $13, in case I ever need it.

Yea I have the x rooted with wireless tether....hadent got into the custom roms and stuff...yea if the x had a apple battery id be strait lol instead of having chargers at work, home, and car lol

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It sucks that some people take it overboard and get personally offended by simple comments, but that's the nature of the internet and product loyalty.
What sucks is when someone comes to a private forum that is clearly intended for the exchange of ideas and information to help users and potential users of the iPad maximize the utility and enjoyment of this device and are then told by you that they are being overly sensitive because they disagree with you. This "suck it up and deal with it" attitude may work in the military or even in your personal life, but it absolutely will not fly on this forum.

THREAD CLOSED!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions