What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No fine pointed styluses?

fmmrz5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah totally. I'm waiting on some more parts and having trouble finding a supplier for the telescoping shaft and I am a nursing student so it's not my only project but pm me your information and I'll let you know when I'm ready to send it out. We can just use paypal to cover the small shipping cost.

Dorje

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Based in your proto-type do you think it would survive contact with elementary age school kids (5-10). I've already commented about the custom pen linked above that it (or something like it) would go on my list of out fitting a classroom set of iPads.

The telescoping shaft worries me a bit for elementary school use. The more parts, the more things they can break... I know from experiance.

1.) How good is your advertisement
2.) How good is your quality
3.) What's your priece

Those IMO are what will make or break you. If your first out the gate with a quality fine point capacitive stylus (remember not just iPads but android tablets) with good brand name you can try creating brand loyalty.

FYI even at Kindergarten and 1st grade level we have been instructed to stop using the fat pencils in an attempt to improve general handwriting. So yes I'm kind of looking for fine point styluses for kids as young as 5.

fmmrz5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What is e difference btw the I pad and xoom as far as styli go?

I must say that it should withstand abuse but I haven't put it through punish testing or anything

Also I'm working on a better way to make it more of a fine point stylus. Right now it's more about feeling like writing with a pen and the tip is still a bit thick, but it combines the sensitive touch while able to apply pressure

It's hard to describe without giving away too much. A soon as I get some more work done I'll be able to post more and pictures. Still looking for more people for the test run too

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
fmmrz5 said:
What is e difference btw the I pad and xoom as far as styli go?

I must say that it should withstand abuse but I haven't put it through punish testing or anything

Also I'm working on a better way to make it more of a fine point stylus. Right now it's more about feeling like writing with a pen and the tip is still a bit thick, but it combines the sensitive touch while able to apply pressure

It's hard to describe without giving away too much. A soon as I get some more work done I'll be able to post more and pictures. Still looking for more people for the test run too

Happy to test one out for you :)

Most reactions