What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No camera icon

Toonerguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Help. Totally new to apple products and can't figure out how to operate cameras on new Ipad2. No sign of the red curtain or camera icon on the home screen. Is it something I download? Could it have been an error at the factory. Am on a cruise ship trying to get this thing to worK.

ColemanLee09

iPF Noob
Reaction score
go to settings, general, reset, then erase all content and settings. this should restore it to new. but you will loose everything on it though.

Reaction score
Anyway, the camera may just be disabled. Have you checked under Settings->General->Restrictions, that the Camera is not turned off?

Btw. these apps ship with the iPad and do not need to be installed separately. So if you have an iPad 2, you should have those apps, perhaps disabled, but they should be there.

OP
T

Toonerguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is no camera in the restrictions section of General. Am thinking the first post suggesting a reset is the only way to go...any other suggestions?

Reaction score
Never mind.

You don't happen to have a business exchange account added on your iPad? If your company is restrictive, they can deactivate the camera for security purposes, when you add the email account. The solution would be to remove the email account.

Most reactions

Latest posts